Compared to DROID 3?

SamuelMSr

Reaction score
I am thinking about getting a nexus. The only android I've ever had is this D3, has anyone else had the D3 and can offer some comparison?

My main reservation is losing the keyboard.

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I came from the Droid, to Droid 3, to now the Galaxy Nexus.

In terms of OS, the Galaxy Nexus destroys the Droid 3 in.. every way possible pretty much. Especially now that Android 4.1 is out.

The keyboard.. well, the Droid 3 is perfect for texting while driving.. it was definitely safer if you had to send a quick text at a stop light or something as you didn't have look at the keyboard to type most of the type. The Nexus.. don't text while driving. It's basically impossible. However, texting normally, I find that the keyboard on the Nexus is faster and easier to use.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

In terms of OS, the Galaxy Nexus destroys the Droid 3 in.. every way possible pretty much. Especially now that Android 4.1 is out.

The keyboard.. well, the Droid 3 is perfect for texting while driving.. it was definitely safer if you had to send a quick text at a stop light or something as you didn't have look at the keyboard to type most of the type. The Nexus.. don't text while driving. It's basically impossible. However, texting normally, I find that the keyboard on the Nexus is faster and easier to use.
voice to text man...voice to text if you must

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
voice to text man...voice to text if you must
I still find myself looking at my phone while talking to it.. so I don't use my phone period while driving anymore unless it's GPS, even at stop lights just in case it turns green soon than expected or something like that.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Well I ordered it, maybe it will be here by Monday, yay!

Nice! Welcome to the fam! There are so many keyboard options I'm sure you will find one that works great for ya.

OP
SamuelMSr

SamuelMSr

Reaction score
That's what I was figuring, I will do some research and find the keyboard software I like best.

hondaguy520

Reaction score

what he said! ^^^

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
For me the stock keyboard does its job perfectly. Before the gnex i was a physical keyboard only person. I tried using the on-screen keyboard but it never really appealed to me, but with the gnex that changed, and this is coming from a droid 2. The 4.65' screen of the gnex makes it nice and easy to type.