Comparing ROM's

Sport

Reaction score
Several questions for the knowledgeable:

1) Anyone care to share the fundamental differences between Evil Fascinate ROM 3.6, ComROM 1.3, and 2.0?

2) I noticed a few themes that had "ComORM 1.3" listed next to it; are themes interchangable to the various ROM's or are these themes ROM dependent?

3) If I wanted to run MIUI (ED01) themes, does it require a certain ROM?

It looks as though if I wanted to install Crysis Revolution 3.5 Theme I'd need to also install ComROM 2.0. Correct?

Thanks in advance.

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

1) Anyone care to share the fundamental differences between Evil Fascinate ROM 3.6, ComROM 1.3, and 2.0?

2) I noticed a few themes that had "ComORM 1.3" listed next to it; are themes interchangable to the various ROM's or are these themes ROM dependent?

It looks as though if I wanted to install Crysis Revolution 3.5 Theme I'd need to also install ComROM 2.0. Correct?

Thanks in advance.

1. EVIL is just a modded themed verion of COMM Rom v1.3 basically...COMM Rom v1.3 is now replaced with the new and improved COMM Rom v2.0

2. No they are not...if it lists a Rom it is made for then assume it is only going to work on that Rom

3. You can run the MIUI Comm Rom thats posted here or on XDA...or wait for a theme to be ported to whichever Rom you choose to run, but don't count on that because they are only dev'ing the MIUI overlay on the COMM Rom versions and making their own MIUI TWiz Roms...

hope this helps

OP
S

Sport

Reaction score

Thanks in advance.

1. EVIL is just a modded themed verion of COMM Rom v1.3 basically...COMM Rom v1.3 is now replaced with the new and improved COMM Rom v2.0

2. No they are not...if it lists a Rom it is made for then assume it is only going to work on that Rom

3. You can run the MIUI Comm Rom thats posted here or on XDA...or wait for a theme to be ported to whichever Rom you choose to run, but don't count on that because they are only dev'ing the MIUI overlay on the COMM Rom versions and making their own MIUI TWiz Roms...

hope this helps

1) Oooooh. New and Improved. I gotta have that...lol
Now that I'm becoming more familiar with the process, I'll look into ComRom 2.0.

2) So certain themes are made for specific Rom's. Got it.

3) So don't bother waiting for for MIUI Com Rom because they are only developing the overlays on the ComRom. (Did I say that correctly?)

Thanks Tapout! I may not understand everything you said, but it's slowly beginning to make sense.

OP
S

Sport

Reaction score
So if I choose to install ComRom 2.0 over Evil Fascinate, will I need to wipe all my data again? I am rooted.

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So if I choose to install ComRom 2.0 over Evil Fascinate, will I need to wipe all my data again? I am rooted.

It's possible that you wouldn't need to. But the CommROM install instructions call for a data wipe. And if you don't and then you experience problems, the first piece of advice is going to be that you need to wipe data. I'm unclear about what you're asking about MIUI theme. Are you referring to the Icon Themes thread in the XDA themes section? If so, those are simply different Icons for MIUIWiz ROM and can't be used for anything else. It's not a MIUI theme.

OP
S

Sport

Reaction score
Thanks,

Again, forgive me for my ignorance as I'm on a HUGE learning curve.

Are there any 'real' differences between CommRom and MIUI?

I'm currently reading up on differences between Com Rom 1.3 and 2.0. So far, my experience is that 2.0 crashed on me while adjusting parameters within 'Settings' located in Menu. I then installed Evil Fascination with Com Rom 1.3 and HoneyComb. Seems to work well now.

Last edited:
OP
S

Sport

Reaction score
Other than a few tweaks, are there any major differences between ComRom 1.3 and 2.0?

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Other than a few tweaks, are there any major differences between ComRom 1.3 and 2.0?
these are the differences....

6.4.11: fixed pbj 50 flash (script was off) and added -100 5/31 pbj version as well

(2.0) Full Rom 6.3.11
*3 versions: otb, pbj, no kernel (voltage control included with otb version)
*otb 1.5, pbj 5/31
*added sgs2 lockscreen
* tw mms for sgs2 lockscreen (themed)
* tw music for sgs2 lockscreen (themed)
*aosp versions of both available as patches (notifications wont work on sgs2 lock with those)
*modded google voice widgets to default to 1x4 instead of 1x3 (launcher2 cant stretch them like adw can)
*tsm protips added
*aosp filemanager built from source replaces my files
*miui lockscreen music controls next button fixed
*ic_menu icons for virtually all apks changed to lighter grey to look better with black menus/popups
*service.jar fixed to allow for default_wallpaper to work…this will get rid of the black/empty background on data wipes and allow themers to change wallpaper that flashes with theme
*latest google maps
*themed tsm android market (not version from 1.0, updated)
*revert to 1.2 swype gb theme, gunnermikes tsm version available as a patch
*stock aosp deskclock added
*removed Samsung clockpackage, info/news widget, thinkfreeoffice (available as patches)
*hide alarm from status bar added to tsm parts
*add time next to date on status bar added to tsm parts
*changed epic lockscreen image to lense image from cm and moved it down to look right...its not the lense lockscreen!
*revert to themed tw browser from modded cm one (too many issues currently)
*fix clock color in status on data/ wipe (previously just blank space)..defaults to white now