Complete Wipe

obogobo

Reaction score
Is there any way to format /system?
I have so much junk from leaked ICS builds and other stuff I probably shouldn't have been messing with lingering on my phone.
Can I get Fastboot to behave like an SBF and erase everything before reflashing?

Thanks guys

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
yeah just format both sdcards, do a factory reset, before it boots into android hold power and vol- to reboot and get into fastboot then sbf it to 4.0.4 and it will be like a new phone.

OP
obogobo

obogobo

Reaction score
yeah just format both sdcards, do a factory reset, before it boots into android hold power and vol- to reboot and get into fastboot then sbf it to 4.0.4 and it will be like a new phone.

Cool that's pretty much what I thought.
I was just a bit thrown off because a while back I used Safestrap 2.0 to format /system and then my phone was out of commision until I got a factory cable.
This time when I formatted /system the phone booted right back up and nothing had changed.

Not sure what was different but just to double check if I follow those steps any values I changed in settings.db (SQLITE) will be reset, correct?

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
That's basically what Myfishbear said, wipe/format internal memory and sd card then do a factory reset.