Connect to the internet via your computer? (bluetooth)

tafsen

Reaction score
Connect to the internet via your computer? (bluetooth/usb)

Hi

Is it possible to use the internett on my laptop connecting to it with bluetooth? I've read that android doesn't support ad-hoc networks and I can't find ad-hoc network when I do a normal wi-fi search. I would like to do this wireless :)

Last edited:
OP
T

tafsen

Reaction score
What about using the usb? Can I use Ubuntu laptop to get my Milestone online?

mbrown1253

Reaction score
I'm not completely sure what you are asking but if I am understanding correctly, you want to tether your computer to your phone.

In a nutshell, in my understanding, you want internet on your computer by using your droid. You can use PDAnet app from the Market to do this. You can do this either with bluetooth or USB. There is a free app and a full paid for app, I'm not certain on the difference but there are several threads out there that talk about this.

JayMonster

Reaction score
Hi

Is it possible to use the internett on my laptop connecting to it with bluetooth? I've read that android doesn't support ad-hoc networks and I can't find ad-hoc network when I do a normal wi-fi search. I would like to do this wireless :)

1. unfortunately it seems that the Bluetooth Stack on the Android platform is lacking in a number of respects, so I wouldn't try this even if I could. People are having trouble just moving files via bluetooth.

2. Since your laptop will not "broadcast" (as you already know), and Android does not support ad-hoc networks... unfortunately until somebody writes an app to do that, the answer is no.