Mune>Settings>Accounts & Sync Settings
Background Data --> Enabled
Auto-Sync --> Enabled
Gmail Account --> Sync is ON
School email --> Sync if OFF
Facebook --> Sync is OFF

4 Main Issues:
1) Some Contacts have multiple/duplicate entries
2)Contacts (good example is my girlfriend) have two seperate contacts under her name. If i delete the one, she is taken off of my gtalk contacts. She now has one contact profile. If i add her directly fromt hat single profile, it creates a duplicate again
3) Birthdays --> i want to keep track of peoples birthdays. Some are listed twice in my phone
4) Calendar. I sync with Google Calendar(and contacts) and one of my calendars is contacts birthdays and anniversaries.

what is going on??

for 1 and 2, it sounds like something got messed up when you synced the first time. Login to your Google account on a PC and verify that your contacts are showing up properly. More often than not, if they're wrong on the phone, it's because they're wrong on your account.

For 3 and 4, it sounds as if you havent set it to sync calendars. Contacts, Calendar, and the like are different settings in the sync menu.....

wish it was that easy

my contacts in google are fine.

Also, this doesnt explain gtalk. I just deleted the second entry under my girlfriend and it removed her from my gtalk contacts. it no longer shows a green dot next to her name

also, why can you not add birthdays in your contacts on your phone?

and yes i know calendar and contact settings are different i sync both.

did you get this resolved??? it's driving me nuts too.

I have a contact who's b-day is june 4. In skype, facebook, and google account it says June 4. In my phone it lists both june 4 and june 3!!!! wtf. if i unlink facebook it removes the june 3 issue. however on facebook june 4 is clearly the birthday.

Back