Cpu speeds and charging

foxdog

Reaction score
Any time I'm charging my cpu will not drop below 500, even with a setcpu profile for charging it wont change. Is there something built into the rom that sets this? And is there a way to change it? It takes forever to charge because of this.

Btw I'm on lithium mod, kangerade strawberry red theme p3 lv 900, 250 = low

baniels

Reaction score
I don't have setCPU installed at the moment so I can't check this. Is there a higher priority profile that could be overriding your charging profile?

Any time I'm charging my cpu will not drop below 500, even with a setcpu profile for charging it wont change. Is there something built into the rom that sets this? And is there a way to change it? It takes forever to charge because of this.

OP
foxdog

foxdog

Reaction score
Only profile I really use is screen off. I made a charging/full profile with 100% priority to see if that would bring it down below 500 but it didn't

seang

Reaction score
i usually set mine to 600 for charging. i just changed it to 400, and it worked.

seang

Reaction score
Kernels for (Froyo) Android 2.2 Only *Low Voltage*

1000 = 125/400/500/600/800/900/1000

RoyR80

Reaction score

Fox,
I've had this happen before. i read somewhere that when charging, the fone defaults to the 3rd setting in ur kernel? after i got rid of SU 2.2.2. and reinstalled chevy's kernel (after he fixed em, a couple days ago) problem solved. i can charge down to 125......

OP
foxdog

foxdog

Reaction score
O ok, I thought it might have something to do with the kernel, I heard p3 updated their kernels too, I downloaded a fresh one and have installed it and are waiting to get home to charge/test it out. Thanks for the info.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
O ok, I thought it might have something to do with the kernel, I heard p3 updated their kernels too, I downloaded a fresh one and have installed it and are waiting to get home to charge/test it out. Thanks for the info.

Did updating the Super User work? Mine is doing the exact same thing on Slayher (goes to 500 MHz) and Chevy's newest kernels (goes to 700MHz). I noticed it while on SS4.7 and current ROM didn't change it. Didn't notice it on any of the 9475796437 other ROMs I've had. Haha!

OP
foxdog

foxdog

Reaction score
someone was telling me that android defalts to the third slot of the kernel when charging, ive tryed a bunch of roms and kernels sense i noticed and thay all do it. i think its a froyo thing.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
someone was telling me that android defalts to the third slot of the kernel when charging, ive tryed a bunch of roms and kernels sense i noticed and thay all do it. i think its a froyo thing.

Kinda odd...thanks though!!

OP
foxdog

foxdog

Reaction score
yea no problem, i was actuly reading this thread a bit more and relized that i got that from a earlyer post in this thread lol. it still dose it for me tho so bananas :icon_ banana:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yea no problem, i was actuly reading this thread a bit more and relized that i got that from a earlyer post in this thread lol. it still dose it for me tho so bananas :icon_ banana:

I wasn't going to say anything...haha!!

OP
foxdog

foxdog

Reaction score
Actually I just checked and it's not doing it now. I'm on cyanogenmod 6.0.0 kernel that came with it so... i have no idea whats the deal. Maby it was my cheep charger. It crapped out so im charging via usb to ps3 lol

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Actually I just checked and it's not doing it now. I'm on cyanogenmod 6.0.0 kernel that came with it so... i have no idea whats the deal. Maby it was my cheep charger. It crapped out so im charging via usb to ps3 lol

Interesting. I have dl'd CM 6 but haven't installed it yet because it seems like alot of people are having issues with it.