[ROM] Cryo for Droid Dna -Verizon OTA V2 2.06

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Were you able to unlock the bootloader after you received latest OTA (2.04.605.2 71RD)? could you share in detail, with links to needed files, etc., how you were able to do this? :) Just got my phone last week and it immediately updated OTA. no one on xda has been able to produce a fix for this yet. I was trying to use the SuperCID apk and it does not work with v. 2.04. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
you could try a ruu downgrade to the orignal software b4 you try to get the unlock
ruu file RUU_DLX_WL_JB_45_VERIZON_WWE_1.15.605.4_Radio_1.00.00.1023_3_NV_VZW_1.98_002_release_290923_signed.exe | by Santod Mods for Thunderbolt

Freakstyler

Reaction score
Hey

I installed this rom and was looking around and everything, All in all i am completely satisfied, though i do have a problem. MMS messages. I can't send or receive them. When i attach a picture the press send, the message just disappears, it never shows up in the thread with the sms. When i send an MMS to my phone from another phone, i never get it. Is there something I have done wrong? I'm at a total loss... Also I scored an 8796 with Quadrant Standard. Over 700 points more than what you advertised, so :hail: to you.

View attachment 60909

But MMS.. i need to fix that, I am going to try to go into apps and "clear data" for messaging and see what happens from there. if that doesnt work im going to do a full wipe and reinstall the rom.
*crosses fingers*

EDIT: *SOLVED*
Clearing data in apps worked, I can now send and receive MMS, Sorry to have bothered you, but the problem was bothering me, Perhaps I should Have just cleared data beforehand. But Maybe someone else with this Rom will run into the same problem and they can see this post and know what to do to fix it.
Settings> Apps> all > Messaging
and select *Clear Data* reboot phone just in case, i also cleared data on APPS>ALL> "HTC Message Uploader" so i dont know which one fixed it. But my MMS now works.

Last edited:
OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I installed this rom and was looking around and everything, All in all i am completely satisfied, though i do have a problem. MMS messages. I can't send or receive them. When i attach a picture the press send, the message just disappears, it never shows up in the thread with the sms. When i send an MMS to my phone from another phone, i never get it. Is there something I have done wrong? I'm at a total loss... Also I scored an 8796 with Quadrant Standard. Over 700 points more than what you advertised, so :hail: to you.

View attachment 60909

But MMS.. i need to fix that, I am going to try to go into apps and "clear data" for messaging and see what happens from there. if that doesnt work im going to do a full wipe and reinstall the rom.
*crosses fingers*

EDIT: *SOLVED*
Clearing data in apps worked, I can now send and receive MMS, Sorry to have bothered you, but the problem was bothering me, Perhaps I should Have just cleared data beforehand. But Maybe someone else with this Rom will run into the same problem and they can see this post and know what to do to fix it.
Settings> Apps> all > Messaging
and select *Clear Data* reboot phone just in case, i also cleared data on APPS>ALL> "HTC Message Uploader" so i dont know which one fixed it. But my MMS now works.
lol np. yeah whenever i install a rom i always factory reset, clear cache, davilik as well, and format the system partition. old data is usally a culprit for odd issues. i test almost everything i make b4 posting it.

Freakstyler

Reaction score
lol np. yeah whenever i install a rom i always factory reset, clear cache, davilik as well, and format the system partition. old data is usally a culprit for odd issues. i test almost everything i make b4 posting it.

Well before installing I did all the wipes. I bet the problem came from restoring my sms/mms from SD card. I wanted all my saved messages, But i'd rather start from scratch than not be able to MMS. I've also noticed a screen flicker problem every now and then, and I'm not sure what the cause is. It happens on the home screen, in the app drawer, and even inside apps. It shows a split second flash of the previous screen I was on, Like if I scroll to page 3 in the app drawer, Page 2 appears for a split second almost un-noticeable. Who knows though, it's probably something else I caused.

I do miss my Lavaflow Live Wallpaper, but as we speak I'm trying to extract it from the stock Rom and drop it into the system/app folder.... Let me say though I enjoy your choice of Font. My only lament is that it's a different messaging app so I can't customize the background, and there aren't any message bubbles, But I've heard the black with white text is much better on battery life than White with black text. No complaints, I can get used to anything, My biggest deal breaker with any Rom or Kernel is "Wifi Tether for Root Users" HAS to work. I was excited to see your Rom came with it pre-installed. There's nothing better than hogging the closest cellphone tower with 300 to 500 GIG data a month, because I still have unlimited from Verizon.

I'll drop any other issues I find, as long as I know for sure that it is with the ROM and not user error.

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Well before installing I did all the wipes. I bet the problem came from restoring my sms/mms from SD card. I wanted all my saved messages, But i'd rather start from scratch than not be able to MMS. I've also noticed a screen flicker problem every now and then, and I'm not sure what the cause is. It happens on the home screen, in the app drawer, and even inside apps. It shows a split second flash of the previous screen I was on, Like if I scroll to page 3 in the app drawer, Page 2 appears for a split second almost un-noticeable. Who knows though, it's probably something else I caused.

I do miss my Lavaflow Live Wallpaper, but as we speak I'm trying to extract it from the stock Rom and drop it into the system/app folder.... Let me say though I enjoy your choice of Font. My only lament is that it's a different messaging app so I can't customize the background, and there aren't any message bubbles, But I've heard the black with white text is much better on battery life than White with black text. No complaints, I can get used to anything, My biggest deal breaker with any Rom or Kernel is "Wifi Tether for Root Users" HAS to work. I was excited to see your Rom came with it pre-installed. There's nothing better than hogging the closest cellphone tower with 300 to 500 GIG data a month, because I still have unlimited from Verizon.

I'll drop any other issues I find, as long as I know for sure that it is with the ROM and not user error.
screen flicker = you didn't install the 2.04.605.2 71RD boot.img (kernel)
lava flow is messed up cuz i removed parts of sense, the phone operates more efficiently with this removed.

Freakstyler

Reaction score
screen flicker = you didn't install the 2.04.605.2 71RD boot.img (kernel)
lava flow is messed up cuz i removed parts of sense, the phone operates more efficiently with this removed.

Well I did, but after the phone came up I installed Beastmode's Kernel to overclock :p so it can be fixed.

I have never been a big fan of desensed roms. Every smart phone I have ever had was HTC. Htc Ozone, Htc touch pro, Htc Touch pro 2, Htc Thunderbolt, Htc Rezound, and now the HTC DNA. Well it's not a big loss, it's just a wallpaper, Everything else works smoothly. I have not run into one thing where I thought "that's it, I'm done"
It truly is a great ROM I really like it. and looking at memory usage, it uses about 100-150mb less memory.

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Well I did, but after the phone came up I installed Beastmode's Kernel to overclock :p so it can be fixed.

I have never been a big fan of desensed roms. Every smart phone I have ever had was HTC. Htc Ozone, Htc touch pro, Htc Touch pro 2, Htc Thunderbolt, Htc Rezound, and now the HTC DNA. Well it's not a big loss, it's just a wallpaper, Everything else works smoothly. I have not run into one thing where I thought "that's it, I'm done"
It truly is a great ROM I really like it. and looking at memory usage, it uses about 100-150mb less memory.
yeah htc has to release the new kernel source code for one of those nicer kernels. the new stock kernel inst bad if you have s-off. i chose not to desense this rom cuz the phone runs better without stripping the whole thing out. i had one b4 but the lock-screen was buggy and i realized i actually like sense 4.1 (i hated the old version on my droid eris) i was more of a moto guy because i hatred the eris, and my lg ally, but loved my droid 1 and was kinda liking my droid 4, but the screen sucked and cpu/illuminator used way too much power(not to mention a lot of bloatware was installed and it shipped with GB which was semi-unacceptable cuz most phones shipped at the same time came with ICS). The DNA has me liking htc again, cuz the cpu and screen use way less power, the phone is also nicer looking and runs better out of the box. now im not liking moto as much.

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
I'm having the mms issue as well. Not that big of a deal,I can always use email, but still. I read the post where the user stated to clear data in messages and message uploader,so I did that,restarted the phone,cleared dalvik and cache. It just sits in the thread saying "sending" and never goes out. Not sure about incomming,I will ask a friend to send me a random pic.
Edit: incomming messages show that its there but when I click the download button,it just sits there like the outgoing and never retrieves it. Any ideas?

Last edited:
OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm having the mms issue as well. Not that big of a deal,I can always use email, but still. I read the post where the user stated to clear data in messages and message uploader,so I did that,restarted the phone,cleared dalvik and cache. It just sits in the thread saying "sending" and never goes out. Not sure about incomming,I will ask a friend to send me a random pic.
Edit: incomming messages show that its there but when I click the download button,it just sits there like the outgoing and never retrieves it. Any ideas?
try sending a smaller picture.