JayR_

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
awesome, thanks to you both

L0ckett

Reaction score
Jay, I have a somewhat interesting idea for a keyboard. Is there any way that you can make a keyboard that just shows the letters and no borders/colors/ect. around it? I'm not sure if that makes any sense but it was just a random thought that popped into my head. If I can find a way to make it more clear then I will reply, lol.

OP
JayR_

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah i know what you mean..what color for the letters and put it on solid black? Or a different color?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

L0ckett

Reaction score
If you could do the letters in white on a black background that would be sweet.

L0ckett

Reaction score
Here is a screenshot for ya. It looks pretty decent. What is your take on it? Also is there a way to make the background transparent?

OP
JayR_

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i think it looks pretty good, its a great idea you had...

there is an image in the keyboard.apk that is the keyboard background, that is the black you are seeing, all of the keys images i made 100% transparent, i can try making the keyboard background image transparent and see if that works, but sometimes theres xml edits or smali code edits that that have to be made to allow transparency.. so ill do the first step and see where it stands from there...ill edit it when i get back home in an hour or so

L0ckett

Reaction score
That's fine, no real rush. Im stuck at work until 2 am anyway lol. Any progress you make is surely appreciated and I will make sure to post some screenshots of the work.

OP
JayR_

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ok sounds good ill see what i can do with it.. let me know if you need any other keyboards/colors/color combos etc...

And to the person who wanted a themed dx keyboard ...can you email that apk to me again i remember seeing the email but when i went to get it out earlier i couldnt find it...i havent forgot about you and i apologize for the wait :)

OP
JayR_

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
sorry for the delay on this, got busy and lost track of time..

here is what will hopefully be transparent like you wanted, but i have a feeling its going to need more editing than just the images...

let me know how it goes, im off to bed for the night, and if needed ill dig deeper into this tomorrow

keyboard.zip

L0ckett

Reaction score
Its quite alright. I just got home from work myself. I flashed this over and attached a shot for ya. When I have the keyboard up on a black background it shows up black like the other keyboard and on a white background it shows up grey. I have a feeling with a little more tweaking you should be able to get it. I have faith in you! Haha.

OP
JayR_

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Working on this again now..

L0ckett

Reaction score
Getting closer. On white backgrounds its showing up white but on any other color its showing up black.