Custom ROM woes

pheadxdll

Reaction score
Hey, on day 2 of trying to flash a custom rom. I decided on Liberty3 v2. I downloaded it and moved it via USB to my phone's internal storage location. I've installed the DroidX2 Recovery bootstraper and booted into it. Now, I'm having problems applying the update. When I try "choose zip from internal sdcard" and select my rom in the browser, it throws me this error:
Code:
E:Error in /emmc/Liberty3D2-2.0Gold.zip
I haven't tried any other roms but I've redownloaded the zip file several times so I don't think it's corrupt. Any advice would be great, thanks!

papelet

Reaction score
Liberty 3 v2 is a good rom but has gallery issues. If you like the blur gallery then don't flash liberty.
Liberty is a fast rom, been running it for about a month now, maybe less. At the beginning everything was beatiful but then I started to get poor battery life, gallery problems, alarm bugs... don't get me wrong liberty is amazing but has bugs and unless you know how to go back, restore the nand, don't flash it.
Good luck

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
P

pheadxdll

Reaction score
Good to know, I guess I'll try some other ROMs.. any suggestions? As for flashing may I inquire what works for you? ROM manager is no help (can never boot into recovery, plugged in AC) so I have to flash through Droid2 Recovery bootstrapper, then I get that error. Thanks the reply!

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So you have the Droid 2 correct?
And your using Droid 2 bootstrap?
Try placing on the external memory card..

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

papelet

Reaction score
Good to know, I guess I'll try some other ROMs.. any suggestions? As for flashing may I inquire what works for you? ROM manager is no help (can never boot into recovery, plugged in AC) so I have to flash through Droid2 Recovery bootstrapper, then I get that error. Thanks the reply!

Man I am no pro lol. I used the d2 bootstrap and also have rom manager, never used it thou, I downloaded the v2 gold to my SD wiped data and cache flashed with bootstrap and everything was perfect.
Liberty is the only ron I've tried. I heard miui is good but looks like the iPhone ui , something I hate.
I've heard mixed emotions about cm7, apex, fission(or something like that) etc. But I'm not a good source since I've never tried them.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums