CyanogenMod 6 - Now on the Milestone!

jam-kun

Reaction score

Alta1r

Reaction score
Thanks for the share.

Just installed it and it's great. Only problem i've found is that i'm unable to use the zoom function when using the camera.

Alta1r

Reaction score
It's alright, his link is not the ROM itself, but to some other website.

You can find all the info and downloads on the original website: CyanogenMod 6.1.0 RC0 for Milestone | android.doshaska.net

I installed it and it's working perfectly, no real issues everything is working as it should, maybe except a fast battery drain (or maybe I played too much with my device, I don't know).

blueicexe

Reaction score
Hey all, I didn't see this posted, so I thought I'd share w/ the community:

CyanogenMod 6 Achieves A New Milestone… Motorola Milestone That Is | Android News, Reviews, Applications, Games, Phones, Devices, Tips, Mods, Videos, Podcasts - Android Police

I have it installed on my Telus Milestone, and thus far this is by far the best ROM available for the Milestone!

My apologies if this is a repost.

dancedroid

hello im noob when doing thing like this can you post a step by step what i need to do to download and things to be done beforedoing it thanks!
:)

aixo

Reaction score
How is possible cyanogen working on millestone?

What about the locked bootloader? How they bypass it?
That mean we can have flash and last 2.2 applications?

Anyone with a setp-by-step on how to load iit?

Thanks!

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thanks!

Well I know they have a working and almost fully functional version of sapphire for the Droid X and a version is in the works for the Droid 2. The only thing they can't change right now are the kernel and get a true recovery.

Sent from my Droid

sarie

Reaction score

Thanks!

This guide is awesome. :icon_ banana:

Noobs guide to 2.2 on Milestone (long) - Motorola - Android

Hope this helps!

Post Cyanogen Installing Edit:
This was the best thing I've done to my phone in a looong time. Battery life = amazing with SetCPU (paid app in market for rooted users). I unplugged my phone about 16 hours ago and have used it moderately today (lots of texting, pandora streaming, GPS for about an hour, and lots of data usage) and my battery level is at 70%.
icon_%20banana.gif

Additional settings that Cyanogen brings are great too!

aixo

Reaction score
Followed the guide, (really easy). I recomend it to everyone.

Last version of gmail it's amazing.

Thanks!

JoshSkillz

Reaction score
will this work on a UK milestone without issues? or would i have to back up the old radioband files like in the whirlpool guide? if so can someone explain this a little more simply?

sarie

Reaction score
will this work on a UK milestone without issues? or would i have to back up the old radioband files like in the whirlpool guide? if so can someone explain this a little more simply?

I have a UK Milestone (using it in the US on AT&T) and did not have any problems with the radioband stuff you are talking about. I didn't even have to enter the APN settings again after doing it, which was sweet.

d33p

Reaction score
hey guys,

I probably will install it too but I would like to know if the kernel's still 2.1 If it was 2.2 kernel (by a long shot) it would be awesome. (since you get to have the JIT compiler etc..)

AFAIK it must be 2.1 because of the locked bootloader. but please feel free to confirm me :)

StLouis

Reaction score
hey guys,

I probably will install it too but I would like to know if the kernel's still 2.1 If it was 2.2 kernel (by a long shot) it would be awesome. (since you get to have the JIT compiler etc..)

AFAIK it must be 2.1 because of the locked bootloader. but please feel free to confirm me :)
It uses the new 2.6.32.9 Kernel that was leaked from the official 2.2 from Motorola. And yeah, that's just as awesome as it sounds.

d33p

Reaction score
It uses the new 2.6.32.9 Kernel that was leaked from the official 2.2 from Motorola. And yeah, that's just as awesome as it sounds.

Pure awesome. I think I got something in my eye.. *starts crying*

Kazuya

Reaction score
I was using Cyanogen RC3 but the battery drains really fast
20% of the battery gone when i turn my milestone standby for 6 hours
setCPU has been used for 500/250 during screen off

help....