Cyanogenmod 7ish port?

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Hey, I agree. I've been with VZ for 8 years and have paid insurance every single year. I have never had to make a claim whatsoever, and the cost of insurance per month has gone from 3-7 dollars and change at this point. You can spin that, calculated all you want and what it tells me is I have a vested interest in getting a new god damn handset if it breaks, regardless of how.

Exactly. If VZ can up their prices for whatever reason they see fit then I should be able to make my first claim in 6 years regardless of what happened to my phone. I'm still paying the deductible like anyone else. If someone is gonna be mad, be mad the the teathers that rack up 50GBs a month and got the unlimited data taken away not someone who is going to make a first time insurance claim to help the Bionic community. I'm doing it for the cause not to be selfish and have two phones.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Scalfi

Reaction score
Exactly. If VZ can up their prices for whatever reason they see fit then I should be able to make my first claim in 6 years regardless of what happened to my phone. I'm still paying the deductible like anyone else. If someone is gonna be mad, be mad the the teathers that rack up 50GBs a month and got the unlimited data taken away not someone who is going to make a first time insurance claim to help the Bionic community. I'm doing it for the cause not to be selfish and have two phones.

Wow. Insurance is a "shared loss". It's not technically an "investment"... you pay for the security of knowing that you will not get blasted with a huge bill for a phone if you accidentally lose or destroy it.... with the key word being "Accidentally". You are paying for security... not to get a new phone at your own whim.

I equate the intentional "losing" of your phone just to get a new one to intentionally ramming your car into a tree or telephone pole to collect an insurance claim. Or intentionally lighting your house on fire to get out of your mortgage.

I have 8 phones and my Xoom on my two Verizon Accounts. I don't have insurance on any of the devices, 25$ per month goes to my emergency phone fund... so if my wife, 4 kids or my father lose their phone... I can replace it. I currently have $676 in the account.

You can polish that turd all you want, but it's still insurance fraud, and causing the rest of the insurance holders premiums/deductibles to go up.

Alastrionia

Sourcery Themer / Designr
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
fraud is fraud period
don't matter how you try to rationalize it.

and here's the real kicker.

if Liquid wants to Dev for it = THEN GO BUY IT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!!!!

I bought mine with a combo of money I've saved doing custom themes and paypal donations from that and my ability to bill it to my account

honestly this thread should be closed since it's nothing more than a bickering and yelling match about insurance fraud
and not about porting CM7 over to it.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Good close the freaking thread, just FYI I want Liquid to develop for the Bionic he knows nothing about how he's getting it so don't go getting all pissy at him for my actions. Equate it to whatever u want, don't see how u could compare a phone to a house or a car but whatever. Maybe I'll have a accident where the screen cracks, I'm very clumsy. Who knows. Anything to shut u goody goodies up. Geez.

Scalfi

Reaction score
Good close the freaking thread, just FYI I want Liquid to develop for the Bionic he knows nothing about how he's getting it so don't go getting all pissy at him for my actions. Equate it to whatever u want, don't see how u could compare a phone to a house or a car but whatever. Maybe I'll have a accident where the screen cracks, I'm very clumsy. Who knows. Anything to shut u goody goodies up. Geez.

If by "goody goodies" you mean Honest people with integrity... then I take it as a compliment.

I can compare it to a house or car because the principle is the same... fraud is fraud. There may be different monetary values that stipulate between a felony and a misdemeanor, but the principle stays the same.

I'm not preaching to you brother, I'm sure you're a great guy... I'm just telling you what it is.... feel free to do what you want with your phone.... I'm not getting shanked by you, as I don't carry the insurance.

There's no need to get angry over people enlightening you as to what you are about to do.

I'd do the same if I saw you were about to trip over a chair... or fall off a cliff.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Ok, u've made me see the light... I won't do it. Ok? Everybody happy now? Great, now all of u could put ur minds at ease and sleep tonight because u've stop something wrong from happening. Congrats! Ur all stellar people and deserve metals and such. *golf clap*

combatmedic870

Reaction score
^^^^ im glad to see a devs going to be getting this phone. Im not going to get a bionic till CM7 comes out for it! I love my D2....but i want 4g so i can cancel my internet!!!!!!!!! I get 4 bars of 4g where im at! my friend gets 30mbps up and 10 down at 3pm on his t-bolt in my apartment! I cant wait!

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Lol..this thread makes me chuckle!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Lol..this thread makes me chuckle!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Be careful, sbenson might come back and yell at u too for being off topic. CM7 rules! (Had to keep it on topic as to not get yelled at.)

jjbinks82

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get an indepth review of C M7? I'm newto the rom world.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

WyldRyce

Reaction score
First boot of CM7 on Bionic by cvpcs.
[video=youtube;Zx8Wmmpba5k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx8Wmmpba5k[/video]