[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (DX) (8/19)

darkreaper476

Reaction score
can anyone confirm the camera/camcorder and battery life? and how about video play back, does this build include the necessary drivers/codecs for hardware accelerated video playback? thanks.

last time I tried an ICS rom on my X I got maybe 2-3 hours of battery life with light use....

EDIT:

never mind.. camcorder still doesnt work.. will post about the batt later

it still wont play any vids a stock DX would, and it barely played a vid i took from a CM7 based rom... i just want basic functionality back.....

Last edited:

zero7404

Reaction score
i dont think ics is meant for single-core phones ....

it works ok on my X but maps and browser dont work well. depending on navigation while on the road, u may find urself rebooting the phone if the gps icon freezes, and the suggestions that popup while u type keep flashing and changing while you try selecting one of them, unpredictable.

its a good rom, but not meant for this phone i'd say ....

---
posted via android

darkreaper476

Reaction score
I dont use the default browser but the maps seems fine for me.. the fact that i can even turn on and off my gps without rebooting is great...

Just went from 100%-48% in 30 minutes.... wow.. back to GB

Last edited:

wolfballz

Reaction score
I dont use the default browser but the maps seems fine for me.. the fact that i can even turn on and off my gps without rebooting is great...

Just went from 100%-48% in 30 minutes.... wow.. back to GB

Could be your battery... I can get about 8 hours of moderate use running this ROM. Also, for the camcorder get LG Camera from the play store and turn off auto focus; works great for me.

darkreaper476

Reaction score
Ive tried lg camera (not on this ics rom though), though my battery IS aging I get MUCH better battery life on GB, I can go a whole long work day (10-12 hours) with light use... now I did not mention that I was using navigation in the above battery comment. "100%-48% in 30 minutes" but that kind of drain is typical even if I dont touch my phone on ICS and nav is no escuse because I've taken 2 hour road trips with nav on and only used half my batt...

and still no hardware acceleration and codecs for video playback.....

piousminion

Reaction score
in-call volume

My only real issue with this ROM is the in-call volume. In GB the in-call volume set at max in most situations was.... tolerable. In ICS I can't hear jack. I'm sure in a quiet padded cell I could hear people, but in any other situation there's no point in trying.

Does anyone know of a way to boost the in-call volume to at least the levels I had in GB if not higher?

nullvalue

Reaction score
Mute is not working. I found this out the hard way after yelling at my kids during a conference call. :) Any way to get this fixed? I consider it an important feature. Nice job on the rest tho.

JumperPunk

Reaction score
Mute is not working. I found this out the hard way after yelling at my kids during a conference call. :) Any way to get this fixed? I consider it an important feature. Nice job on the rest tho.
Known bug. I also found out the hard (albeit less embarrassing) way. I've not heard anything about it being fixed. It's a real pain when you are using a headset.

paratrooper8331

Reaction score
Serious battery drain issues in 7/16 build. It reminds me of the releases prior to 4/24 build. Had a full charge on a new battery, lasted 2.5 hours while sitting idle. Going back to 6/26 build now.

Just re-installed 6/26 build and battery immediately read 94%, so it's not draining fast, just reporting false statistics.

Last edited:

vernard

Reaction score
[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (DX) (7/16) Camera Saturation with this ROM

Anybody noticing the color saturation is off when taking photos with this ROMs? I've attached photos for reference.
Left: CM7 Rom / Right: CyanogenMod 9 [BETA] (DX) (7/16)
View attachment 53098
I've looked in build.prop and media_profile.xml, and can't find the setting for anything of the sort.

P.S.
Where can I find and submit to the bug tracker?

Last edited: