D1 CM6 having Chevy kernel issues

kram115

Reaction score
I just flashed CM 6.1 RC3 on my D1 and lost my chevyno1 1.1GHz ULV kernel. I re-downloaded and tried a bunch of different chevy kernels but get a bootloop every time. What am I doing wrong?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
The 9-23 kernels don't seem to play as well with phones as the 8-1 kernels, and in particular with CyanogenMod installs.

Did you download the 9-23 or 8-1 kernels this time?

:welcome: to the forum!

OP
K

kram115

Reaction score
9-23 but I used the exact same one I had before. I tried a slayher kernel and it's working now.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
That was going to be my suggestion. The 9-23 kernels did something wonky and they don't work as well. The added advantage to the kernel you picked is compcache. :)

anuraj1

Reaction score
It is really sad because Chevy's 1200 ULV from 8-1 was my go-to kernel. Fastest, smoothest performance I've ever had. But he re-released his kernels with other people's extra junk added in, and now none of his kernels work on my phone. They result in a bootloop with every ROM.

anuraj1

Reaction score
I feel your pain, believe me. I moved to a SlayHer kernel -- it's running a little hotter, but I did get compcache out of the trade.

I am running SlayHer as well. But even though I have chosen the max compcache in CM settings, when I check system info in setcpu, the swap is still listed as zero. Are there any additional steps?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Install the scripts (update.zip install) from the thread you got the kernel, then start terminal and type
su
compache start
(wait for the error, it's coming)
free

see what you have at that point. should be some swap. :)

There's a trick to getting it to run persistent. If you get compcache and like what it does I'll see if I can dig up the link.

anuraj1

Reaction score
I got the script updated from slayher's kernel page. If you could find that link to make it persistent, that would be awesome.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint

anuraj1

Reaction score
Awesome, thank you. When you add the command to the file, do you know if it needs to have a semicolon at the end of it like every other command in the file?

anuraj1

Reaction score
Sweet, I added it without the semicolon and it works great! Thanks for the help!