Dan Rosenberg cracked the Root on 4.1.2> ROOT AVAILABLE NOW

25mm

Reaction score
I am new to anything other than a stock phone, but what is this and why would I want to do it??

ripper2860

Reaction score
The 2 primary reason I rooted were ...

1. Being able to backup all applications along with their DATA and settings using Titanium Backup. Great if you have to do a Factory Reset and want eveything back as it was quickly along with saved settings like which level you were on with Angry Birds, E-Mail server settings, etc. Also great if you upgrade / switch phones and want to restore apps w/ data. INVALUABLE

2. You must be rooted for 3rd party apps to access certain settings like ENABLE/DISABLE BLUETOOTH or GPS. This is nice if you use an alternate CAR DOCK program or custom toolbars/widgets.

These 2 reasons alone make it worth my while.

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
I am new to anything other than a stock phone, but what is this and why would I want to do it??

Here is an App that I recommend downloading, does not require root, does not run in the background, it is purely meant to inform people about what Root is and why people Root their phones. Here is the link, the app is called All About Root. For me and why I like Root and Unlocked Bootloaders, I like the control of the Ownership of my device. I can flash ROMS, I can remove system apps, add themes, make backups like JB 4.1.1 and also JB 4.1.2 and jump back and forth between the backups (who says you can't downgrade:biggrin:.) One the biggest annoyances with our phones and Google is all the "Ads" that run on our device, whether it is inside apps or on webpages, I have 3 Ad Blockers and I never see ads. If my phone is poorly performing, I can adjust it, have it operate better, tweak it. I can tether my phone numerous ways, without Foxfi or anything else. With this SIM card I can even jump between wireless carriers if I'd like to. There is a great peace of mind in knowing that you can do whatever you want with your phone. Besides, my first Android phone was the HTC Hero, which I learned about Root as soon as the device was Rootable, my 3 EVO's that followed and to now with Razr Maxx HD, all my Androids have been Unlocked and Rooted, and I have enjoyed making and changing my devices anyway I wanted to. But, I suggest reading All About Root, looking at the two Easy Root Komplete and Easy Unlock Bootloader Komplete, and decide from there.

ripper2860

Reaction score
...One the biggest annoyances with our phones and Google is all the "Ads" that run on our device, whether it is inside apps or on webpages, I have 3 Ad Blockers and I never see ads...

What Ad Blocker do you recommend? I used JRummy's ROM Toolbox Pro previously, but they have removed the Ad Blocker component due to Play Store rules. Looking for recommendations, please.

danetbra63

Reaction score
I am successfully rooted and have unlocked my boot loader. I keep getting errors when trying to install the recovery flasher.. it says 'adb' not recognized as a command. Any ideas??

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
I am successfully rooted and have unlocked my boot loader. I keep getting errors when trying to install the recovery flasher.. it says 'adb' not recognized as a command. Any ideas??

With the Recovery Flasher V3, it is best to extract the file to your desktop, which doing this will throw a bunch of items on to the desktop, see my print screen image below. Then just run the "run.bat" as an administrator and then all should be good. After the install I recommend a complete backup, make sure storage goes to external sd card or can do internal if storage is low.

Untitled.jpg

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Which recovery are you trying to flash? And did you change the file name like it says to?

This is the Recovery Flasher V3, the Recoveries are setup by selections 1, 2, 3. There are no files to rename, that is the way Tucstwo set it up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
What Ad Blocker do you recommend? I used JRummy's ROM Toolbox Pro previously, but they have removed the Ad Blocker component due to Play Store rules. Looking for recommendations, please.

It's interesting right around the time when JRummy made the update to the ROM Toolbox Pro where he removed the Ad Blocker, he announced the change (I complained), and he provided me with this link to download the Ad Blocker as a separate app. Here you go... http://jrummy16.com/jrummy/ad-blocker/Ad-Blocker-JRummy-Apps.apk