data keep dropping.

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
I live in the central Ohio area and the last few weeks I have had to reboot my phone in order for the data to work. Wanted to see if anyone else has that problem or any ideal how to solve it. Thanks in advance.

Interesting to see you say that. The last few weeks have been random as hell with my data dropouts -- in places that it's never happened before. I'll be in a large metro area & it just goes out completely. The only way to fix it is to manually toggle 3g only/4g only or reboot or airplane mode in & out. It didn't used to be like that. I was talking to some others over at /r/galaxynexus & they have mentioned the exact same issue. Different locations & complete data loss at random. This isn't the typical *****ing people do. I know when my phone is in a shotty area & to expect it or not. Anyway, I recently flashed latest radios over my existing latest radios, just for the hell of it, and it's seems to have fixed my problem. I don't know how or why that would've fixed it but it has the last few days. You may want to give it a shot.

[CDMA][Radio] 4.2.2 JDQ39 Radios - FK01/FK02
[CDMA][Radio] 4.2.2 JDQ39 Radios - FK01/FK02 | Galaxy Nexus > XDA

My GN is with Verizon and my first GN did that where I lost connection and bars would remain grey and only a reboot would restore the connection. I had to do a warranty replacement and my refurb GN has not repeated the issue.

My 1st GN was good for 10-12 months then all of the sudden started to reboot 8 times a day. They did a warranty replacement for it, but the replacement did the same thing. This is my 4th one and was doing good with the rebooting problem and now starting this data drop its getting tiresome.

Back