Desktop Dock

scdown

Reaction score
I'd like to hope it works, after all the thickness difference between the two is what, 1/2mm? But no confirmation. I think I'll contact Samsung and see if they have anything to say about it.

scdown

Reaction score
Here's my chat with Samsung:

Alfred: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?
Steve: I just purchased a Verizon Galaxy Nexus, and have a question about accessories.
Steve: Specifically, do the docks for the GSM versions of the Galaxy Nexus work with the Verizon Galaxy Nexus?
Steve: I know there's a slight thickness difference between the phones.
Alfred: Would you mind holding 3 minutes while I gather the required information on your request?
Steve: Certainly.
Alfred: Thank you.
Alfred: I would like to inform you that there is no information available for the compatibility of docks for the new phone.
Alfred: If the device is working fine with the dock , you can use it.
Steve: OK. I ask because there are no docks other than the vehicle dock listed for the Verizon model
Steve: Presumably I could return it if it didn't fit.
Alfred: Yes. I have checked the details from my end too.
Steve: Ok. Thanks for your help. Have a great day!
Alfred: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Steve: No, I think we're good.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Anyone purchase this yet or have any info of where I can get one of these in the US? I really need a dock that has both the Audio out put and USB in the rear and keeps the phone in landscape. I plan on using this dock in my car and this would work perfectly for what I have in mind.

doublea500

Reaction score
hate to point this out but that dock should be no more then $20. and its near $80. docks are always overpriced but this is just too much. id wait till some 3rd party releases a dock that they sell cheaper.

OP
xzdarkstarzx

xzdarkstarzx

Reaction score
Anyone purchase this yet or have any info of where I can get one of these in the US? I really need a dock that has both the Audio out put and USB in the rear and keeps the phone in landscape. I plan on using this dock in my car and this would work perfectly for what I have in mind.

I went ahead and bought it anyway. It apparently isn't shipping until January 1st. I will post results on this forum, and on XDA when I get it in the mail! So keep an eye out. (someone has to be first right?)

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
I went ahead and bought it anyway. It apparently isn't shipping until January 1st. I will post results on this forum, and on XDA when I get it in the mail! So keep an eye out. (someone has to be first right?)

Awesome let me know if it works? Where did you buy it from? Where you able to find a seller in the US? How much?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Chatchie

Reaction score
I wanted to get this for my night stand but after reading that review I cant understand why its even made. The Nexus doesnt go into landscape mode when turned sideways and I dont think there is a "dock mode".

Or am I lost?

BlairAllenVT

Reaction score
I wanted to get this for my night stand but after reading that review I cant understand why its even made. The Nexus doesnt go into landscape mode when turned sideways and I dont think there is a "dock mode".

Or am I lost?

AFAIK, you are correct that the Nexus wouldn't kick into any landscape/dock mode. However, you could use the Clock app in landscape or some other 3rd party app that provides the services you need in landscape. Perhaps when the 3 contacts are connected on the Nexus, it triggers some kind of dock mode on the phone? I don't have anything to test this with, so I can't say for sure.

msheldon

Reaction score

Or am I lost?

The lack of landscape mode is a function of the launcher. The stock ICS launcher does not do landscape. ADW EX does. I really tried to like the stock launcher, and I do like the stock app drawer. But I found the launcher lacking, and was back to running ADW within a few hours of bringing my Nexus home.

ShayneJardine22

Reaction score
I'm curious what will work witht he usb port on the dock if it can connect to a computer or better yet a microusb to hdmi adapter. Not entirely sure how the 3 pins work.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The lack of landscape mode is a function of the launcher. The stock ICS launcher does not do landscape. ADW EX does. I really tried to like the stock launcher, and I do like the stock app drawer. But I found the launcher lacking, and was back to running ADW within a few hours of bringing my Nexus home.

The docking dots change it to landscape mode when they're connected, we've seen videos of it being used in the landscape docking station in the UK.

cruzincat

Reaction score

I tried ADW, but it started hanging up within a couple days. Now using Go Launcher X, and am happy.

As far as stands go, you cannot go wrong with the EZE Stand (www.ezestand.com) Right now they have a holiday special for $19.99, with the stand, a car charger, a wall charger, and two cables with angle ends, one left and one right. One of those cables will work with any orientation. the stand will work with any phone imaginable, so you are good with it for a long time. Mine just arrived today! I may order another!

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
I tried ADW, but it started hanging up within a couple days. Now using Go Launcher X, and am happy.

As far as stands go, you cannot go wrong with the EZE Stand (www.ezestand.com) Right now they have a holiday special for $19.99, with the stand, a car charger, a wall charger, and two cables with angle ends, one left and one right. One of those cables will work with any orientation. the stand will work with any phone imaginable, so you are good with it for a long time. Mine just arrived today! I may order another!

If you like stock Android launcher, but need landscape and other missing features (scrollable dock, change # of home screens....), check out Nova Launcher. Its pretty awesome. Its not on market, but if you do a Google search you will be able to find the apk. I believe it is on xda.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums