Display stopped working after rainstorm

cdstephens

Reaction score
So basically my phone got wet in the rain today. During the rainstorm and directly after, it was fine. A few hours later, while I was taking a nap, the display stopped working. I can still hear vibrations and alarms I had already set, and it still charges, so the SD card and battery are fine. However, since the display isn't working, I can't use it. I can't get at the LCD because the screws in the phone won't budge, and I don't want to strip them.

Motorola Droid.

Would a Verizon store repair my phone? How much would it cost? Anything I can do short of buying a new phone?

droijo

Reaction score
Did you check the stained sticker in the back of the phone and battery to see if it has been wet? If not, it could be possible to get it fixed but you'd have to make sure there isn't any water left inside the phone you can't see.

OP
C

cdstephens

Reaction score
The sticker with the red X's? That seems fine. Like I said, the SD card and battery are working properly. I can even charge my phone and still receive calls. It's just the LCD that won't turn on. It looks as if there's condensation in the corner of the screen, so I believe it's just that it's still wet.

OP
C

cdstephens

Reaction score
Put the phone in rice overnight and now it's working.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since it is water damaged, once some of the inside components start to corrode, you will probably have more issues with the phone. At that point, you'll want to file an insurance claim with Asurion.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
So basically my phone got wet in the rain today. During the rainstorm and directly after, it was fine. A few hours later, while I was taking a nap, the display stopped working. I can still hear vibrations and alarms I had already set, and it still charges, so the SD card and battery are fine. However, since the display isn't working, I can't use it. I can't get at the LCD because the screws in the phone won't budge, and I don't want to strip them.
It is always best to pull the battery and cards ASAP after your device gets wet and to leave them out until the device is completely dry. Sounds like you ewre lucky though.

Card

Reaction score
I would also be worried about long-term damage. Don't be too suprised if the screen becomes finicky and cuts out again. But on the other hand, if the VZW rep can't replicate the issue, they won't do much to help you.

spdivr1122

Reaction score
Seriously put it in rice! My Droid 1 was sitting on a table and soda spilled on it and the power autumn stopped working. Put it in rice for a while and it worked fine! Hope t saves your phone

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk