Do Not Buy The Galaxy S9

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

If you are considering upgrading from the Note 8 or the Galaxy S8 to the Galaxy S9 you may want to reconsider. These are my regrets with the Galaxy S9.

Briankbl

Reaction score
Why is this in the Android News forum???

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Briankbl

Reaction score
Why not? Seems fine to me. He is the senior news reporter here. Do you have news stories to share?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Why not??? Because this isn't a news story. There are plenty of Android News stories that could be posted here, but aren't.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Why not??? Because this isn't a news story. There are plenty of Android News stories that could be posted here, but aren't.

And the moderators asked us all to post them. They opened up the News section to all of us to share news stories, and not many have. If you have true news to share, share it. If not, if not then ignore the posts that you don't like.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8

Reviews are news. see them all the time on major tech sites. whether or not you agree with the review, it provides info that should be considered when looking for a new phone.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Is this really a fair comparison? The video is comparing the S9 to the Note 8. He should be comparing the S9+ to the Note 8. I watched the first couple of points he makes and he mentions that the S9+ has these things but at a higher price. Aren't the S9+ and the Note 8 around the same price (at least when they were both released)?

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Is this really a fair comparison? The video is comparing the S9 to the Note 8. He should be comparing the S9+ to the Note 8. I watched the first couple of points he makes and he mentions that the S9+ has these things but at a higher price. Aren't the S9+ and the Note 8 around the same price (at least when they were both released)?

some users did consider upgrading to the s9 from the note 8. I believe it is a fair comparison. besides no matter what phones are compared, there will be someone who would think it was not a fair comparison and another phone should have been used :)

kinfolk248

Reaction score
1. Plz dont say Galaxy S9 to start every sentence next go around.
2. Plus 47 points for a headphone jack... Yea yea I am an audiophile...
3. Of course the smaller version is less spec'ed out than the latter. Twas marketing but yea it sucks lol
4. Damn I still gotta G3 lol
5. I have big hands (6'3) but yea reaching the notifications can get annoying at times.
6. Let's get some energy, your cadence sounds a little tired, yes I actually listened to it before I watched...

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
While that's true, the title of the video should reflect that and say something about not buying the phone if coming from a note 8. Instead it just seems very click baity.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
You guys are missing the point. Its NOT a review as it states in the description. It's a list of things that come up daily for HIM making HIM regret the purchase. Those regrets may not pertain to you but to him they did. For him they became reasons not to purchase the device.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Note 8
$750 @ T-Mobile, $950 everywhere else $960 direct from Sammy. Huh?
S9
$720 & $840 ($570 & $640 from ATT).