Does anyone else feel the same way about their Maxx?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
i really like the phone but so far i have had two defective screens (dead pixels). i don't want to go back to verizon and ask for a third. would they let me go back to my fascinate (keeping unlimited) and let me pre-order the Galaxy SIII? Last thing i want is another Maxx with dead blue pixels on it.

If you're past the 14 day return period, you're locked into the new 2-year contract and won't be able to use your upgrade on the SIII. If you're really dead set on getting one, your best course of action would probably be to purchase the SIII at full retail and then sell your MAXX to offset the cost. Or you could switch back to Fascinate, sell the MAXX, and then put the money towards the SIII. But I doubt Verizon will take back the MAXX and let you pre-order the SIII if you're past the 14 day return period.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's all obsolete when you leave the store. They have the next two in the pipe when you buy yours. That being said, this handheld device has more power than a three year old netbook. How much are you really going to do on a phone?

I don't feel like I got shorted. I knew there was the HD on the horizon, but there isn't enough to make me want one instead of my Maxx.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
i really like the phone but so far i have had two defective screens (dead pixels). i don't want to go back to verizon and ask for a third. would they let me go back to my fascinate (keeping unlimited) and let me pre-order the Galaxy SIII? Last thing i want is another Maxx with dead blue pixels on it.

You never know until you call and let em know what's going on. Explain your position to them and negotiate. You never know ....

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
GSdub510

GSdub510

Reaction score
tomorrow is the original 14th day, so the last for return/exchanges (same day you can pre-order new galaxy). but on my new receipt, it says the 18th, so they added two more weeks onto it. but on the receipt it says you're only allowed 1 return or exchange, but it i don't know if defective devices relate to that

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
tomorrow is the original 14th day, so the last for return/exchanges (same day you can pre-order new galaxy). but on my new receipt, it says the 18th, so they added two more weeks onto it. but on the receipt it says you're only allowed 1 return or exchange, but it i don't know if defective devices relate to that

I don't think defective devices are a part of that, just exchanges for different devices.

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
i got my RAZR maxx free from Verizon 2 months ago, and don't regret a single thing. Especially seeing as i still had 10 months in my 2yr contract with. i was already on unlimited data plan thank god. i think this phone is perfect coming from the X.

I got mine free last week just for upgrading my spare line to a 4G phone...I'm very pleased with it and use it almost as much as my Rezound.
I still have one upgrade left, I need to use, and might grab the GSIII but only to use as a spare.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I got mine free last week just for upgrading my spare line to a 4G phone...I'm very pleased with it and use it almost as much as my Rezound.
I still have one upgrade left, I need to use, and might grab the GSIII but only to use as a spare.

I got a free one about a month ago, now they're giving me another free 4g device... it was just 100$ off, now its free. I'm waiting to see what the s3 is like, or if the new maxx HD/vanquish will drop in time :)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
GSdub510 said:

If you are within your 14 day period then you can definitely either return the phone and wait for the next best phone or get a brand new phone (not a refurbished one). I would go to verizon immediately and tell them you want to exchange your phone and pre-order the SIII if it is what you really want.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
GSdub510

GSdub510

Reaction score
i would like another maxx...but would verizon really let me get ANOTHER Maxx, this will be my 2nd replacement..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
i would like another maxx...but would verizon really let me get ANOTHER Maxx, this will be my 2nd replacement..

That's not your problem. If you buy a device, it had better work to your standards, and the screen is everything on a smart phone. So don't hesitate.

Go back to vzw, box and all, make them bring out another brand new maxx. A stuck pixel is not your fault.

I for one would go crazy if i had to look at a blue or green or any color dot on my screens. For me just having lint or a smudge under my screen protector is enough to make me go nuts.... that's me :) I'm particular about everything I own lol.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, your Maxx is still under warranty. And you are also within your 14 day return period so it should be a brand new Maxx. Just do it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Colorado

Reaction score
How are you guys getting free maxx's? I have 2 phones on my account (me and the wife). Upgrade date is early august, but my line has an early upgrade available. I want to get 2 maxx's. Given the above info, what is the best price I can expect to get for 2? I already called them but didn't get too far. Best offer was my line at $199 and have to wait until august for the other. Problem is, like everyone else, I want to keep our unlimited data plan. You guys have any tricks I don't know about?
Thanks

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
So I got a new one today (old one had a problem) but the Droid HD is coming out this summer. So I feel like I bought a phone that's practically obsolete :/ ecen the Galaxy S3 is coming soon and that thing looks like a monster. ..

Don't do it , they lure you in with the specs and then bam .. you're stuck with a POS that's pretty in looks and specs but will not get a signal worth a crap.

Don't fall for it like I did with the nexus.

Friends don't let friends buy a samsung. I really wish that somebody would of stopped me before I got mine.

It's doing better since the update, but it's really is just a pretty paperweight. A rock gets a better signal.

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
How are you guys getting free maxx's? I have 2 phones on my account (me and the wife). Upgrade date is early august, but my line has an early upgrade available. I want to get 2 maxx's. Given the above info, what is the best price I can expect to get for 2? I already called them but didn't get too far. Best offer was my line at $199 and have to wait until august for the other. Problem is, like everyone else, I want to keep our unlimited data plan. You guys have any tricks I don't know about?
Thanks

I don't honestly know how or why it happened, just that it did. I have an entire thread on it. I asked several people at cs for vzw about it. I got several different answers.

If i knew something I'd tell you.