Does the INCREDIBLE have a notification light?

SofaKing

Reaction score
My daughter got an INCREDIBLE (DIC) yesterday and I noticed that when charging there is a small amber colored LED but it does not seem to light up for notifications or show any other color. Seems like a waste.

I love the LED on my moto droid and look for it all the time as notification of email, texts, missed calls. Is the Incredible really missing that functionality? I noticed that the LED options in Handcent were grayed out also.

HeroNova

Reaction score
That area with the amber charging light is the notification light as well. It is not as noticeable as the Moto Droid's light but it's there.

eguilherme

Reaction score
That little LED only glows when charging...amber while charging & green when fully charged.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I do not have one, but knowing that every other droid out there has one for notifications it would be SofaKing stupid if the Incredible didn't. I mean you have to be SofaKing dumb not to put one on such a modern device.

OP
S

SofaKing

Reaction score
That area with the amber charging light is the notification light as well. It is not as noticeable as the Moto Droid's light but it's there.

Hmmn, so how come it does not light up when email or texts arrive?

OP
S

SofaKing

Reaction score
I do not have one, but knowing that every other droid out there has one for notifications it would be SofaKing stupid if the Incredible didn't. I mean you have to be SofaKing dumb not to put one on such a modern device.

I could not have said it better myself! But the LED doesnt seem to work as a notification light.

Last edited:

zMd113

Reaction score
It blinks a green light for notifications. Amber is for charging.

OP
S

SofaKing

Reaction score

Hmmn, so how come it does not light up when email or texts arrive?

The green light blinks for notifications, it doesn't stay on.

I figured that but it wasnt working. I rebooted it and sent an email and it did blink. The LED is tiny though. I guess Handcent doesnt support the Incredible yet and probably why the LED options are disabled - just guessing.

kmo

Reaction score
There is a notification light. Works every time for me (if you have it set up to notify) and unless you're not looking at the phone you CAN see it...