dont know how to transfer my data.

lp14255

Reaction score
My old phone was the droid 3 .now I have the droid maxx. All that got transferred where my contacts. How to I get my music , book marks, pics, all the stuff from my old phone to the new one?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
That's a potentially long answer to a fairly short question. Do you still have the old phone? If not you are out of luck. If so, was it rooted? If not I suggest DropBox for the pics, Google Music, (depending on your location), for the music. Data may be a problem but if you have the phone you can try this app to back it up then restore. Helium

OP
L

lp14255

Reaction score
That's a potentially long answer to a fairly short question. Do you still have the old phone? If not you are out of luck. If so, was it rooted? If not I suggest DropBox for the pics, Google Music, (depending on your location), for the music. Data may be a problem but if you have the phone you can try this app to back it up then restore. Helium

Yes I have the phone. No its not rooted. And do I have to have the apps on both phones to transfer my stuff.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes you do, the data needs to be associated with the app but if you are using the same accounts(s) on both phones that shouldn't be a problem. DropBox first then Helium or the MyBackup app. Not 100% of the data will be transferred but it will get close. If in the US or Canada the Google Music would sync up to 20,000 files, for FREE.

OP
L

lp14255

Reaction score
OK how do I get those apps on my old phone when its been switched over to the new phone.

Abby Normal

Reaction score
I don't want to confuse you but I used Motorola Migrate and everything swapped right , yes everything, music, pics, contacts yadda yadda....

With that said there are some people that had difficulty with it.

I had a RAZR and not rooted.....

Try the above and if any issues maybe try the migrate app on whats left >>>..

Karmakar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
GT-18552
I faced the same problem, my friend suggested me to use Xender.
Xender can transfer all your old phone data to new phone just in few step.

I tried it really worked for me.

BlueBee

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Yes, Xender is the best flash transfering app for Android.