Driod Pictures

jrbarrett

Reaction score
Hello fellow HTC Droid Incredible users. I am sorry if this has been answered but my search did not find any answers.
So here is my dilemma.

I connected the phone to my PC and mounted as a disk drive. I transferred a folder of pictures to the new micro sd card (D=SanDisk 32GB). When i look at the folder they are all there. I unplug the phone and only a few show. I did it again and same result. I added all the photos to one folder and transferred and the phone detects 500 photos but only displays about 6 the rest are picture icons with an exclamation mark in them. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

-JRBarrett

Reaction score
Do all the pictures that you're transferring have the same file extension? You may want to check the properties of the six that are appearing correctly against the others that aren't, seems to me like it may be an unsupported file type. I'd bet the six that are appearing successfully are all of the same type, and the ones that aren't are different. If the file extensions are all the same between the ones that appear and the ones that don't, then I'm stumped at the moment, lol. Let us know what you come up with.

OP
J

jrbarrett

Reaction score
Technogeek - I to am stumped. All the pictures in questions are .jpg Are they any known conflicts with 32GB micro SD cards or HidenSeek application and transferring photos that I am unaware of?

Reaction score
I myself am unfamiliar with HidenSeek but I'll check it out, as for the SD Card, your DINC it designed to handle that 32gig capacity, so I don't think that's the issue. I'll do some more homework and get back to you on it.

Also, have you tried to transfer the pictures in smaller batches? maybe 25 or 50 at a time? Not sure if that will make a difference or not, something tells me that something is happening during the actual transfer process between the computer and the phone. Are you using USB 2.0? Sorry to ask so many questions, I just want to help as accurately as possible.

*UPDATE*

After looking into HideNSeek, I was able to find that a lot of users were having problems out of it since the froyo update, so that may be part of the problem. Seems a lot of folks are even experiencing random deleting of pictures and videos since the update, so you may want to reconsider your use of that program if you have pictures or video that is valuable to you. Again, I don't know that the app is the problem for sure, but are a lot of folks who have had negative experiences with it.

Last edited: