Droid 2 - Pandora - We're having unexpected technical difficulties

kdsteele

Reaction score
I installed Pandora on my new Droid 2 and it played for about a day then I started getting "We're having unexpected technical difficulties" when trying to start the app and the music never plays.

I have to repeatedly hit "ok" to close the message.

Anybody else having this problem? Any ideas?

OP
K

kdsteele

Reaction score
I removed several new apps I had installed, including Pandora and restarted the Droid 2. I then reinstalled Pandora and it works fine now. Apparently one of the apps I installed caused a conflict. Now I only wish I knew which one it was!

Uber_Tiny

Reaction score
Best way to figure that out would be to install one app at a time and test it out. It would be nice to know what app it was that caused some problems so that others would know and giving feedback to the developer of the app about the issue is nice too.

At least you were able to figure out what the issue may have been and got things back to normal.

Good luck

dopeskwyd

Reaction score
I just got this message today. I listen all day, every day at work with no issues. No new apps intalled recently on D1 2.2. I hit ok as many times as I feel and the message will not go away. I can't even kill pandora with ATK. I have to restart the phone to get pandora to actually shut down.

Edit: message comes up for me in the middle of a song randomly

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
email pandora tech support. Please....they do not believe their app is the problem.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OH its pandora trust me.....I had the issue, tried to explain it to them.....even had it stop on my ipod touch and droid at the same time frame.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I had the same message last weekend. Lasted all weekend. Just as I started to delete and re-DL on Monday it worked, and is still working. Hopefully it will pass for you too.

mchammer

Reaction score
yep I think the technical difficulty was just that, mine has gone away

Poor quality aside I still like pandora just cause I dont have to carry around two gadgets My only compliant is when a call comes in it drops pandora. I have to start it back up after every call. I think this has to do with the update since it didnt happen previously

mchammer

Reaction score
pandora interrupted by phone calls

Is there a setting on the Droid that I can get it to ignore calls when pandora is playing?

KSRichard

Reaction score
Yes, I am getting the same error on my Droid X. Everything was fine for the first few days, but then this started - and the error message repeats over and over (so if you let it sit there, you have to hit OK dozens of times to get it to stop). If you uninstall and reinstall everything is fine again...for a day or so, and then it repeats. I tried clearing the cache, but that just made it sit there forever trying to load. Very frustrating...

bendles

Reaction score
My GF just got her droid 2 last week and hers was working fine. Then pandora stopped and gave the error. So she downloaded slacker to see if that would work. It didn't. I don't think it's something with the application, I think it's something with streaming media. . . .

MargRita

Reaction score
It's not the app

I went on the Pandora website and got the same message - Having Technical Problems, they're working on it, yadayada. This is been going on for almost a week.

Reaction score
pandora fix

I had the same issuse. remove your current apk. Search Google for Pandora 1.4 apk. Download that. Then you will be able to enjoy Pandora again.dancedroid I have no idea why, but there is something with the 1.5 apk that does not work with the D2.

bicyclej

Reaction score
You can find Pandora 1.4 on www.freewarelover.com- they have all the versions of pandora there- I am trying the 1.4 verison as the 1.5 newest version took a crash on my droid 3 days ago-

Reaction score
There is actually a way to make the 1.5.1 work in the D2. I messed up my phone really bad. I mean really bad. Thought I had bricked it. I had to return it to stock. When I did this, the 1.5.1 app works now.