Droid 2 - Trying to restore a backup

bobmundo

Reaction score
I was running CM7, the latest nightly (139) pretty nicely on my D2 and got bored, so I went to ROM manager, downloaded Liquid Gingerbread 3.2, and went to install it. The backup of CM7 went fine. Installation appeared to go ok, but on the reboot, my phone got stuck on the Motorola logo for hours. I figured something had gone wrong, no biggie - but when I went to Clockworkmod to restore my backup, I see a message saying my backups aren't available. Uh oh. I then downloaded CM7, renamed it update.zip, but trying to install that fails due to a signature error. There's no option to do a factory reset. I don't have a clue on what to do after this. Anyone out there have any ideas? I'm sure this has been seen before.

OP
B

bobmundo

Reaction score
Scratch that part about being in CWM...looks like I was in stock recovery. Anyone got any ideas how to get into CWM then?

lizard

Reaction score
When you were in stock recovery you should have wiped data and cleared cache. If you can get back into any recovery, try that then reboot, before trying anything else.

Sent from my rooted, and CM7 rommed, Droid2

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Scratch that part about being in CWM...looks like I was in stock recovery. Anyone got any ideas how to get into CWM then?

Restart the phone. On the M boot logo hit the down volume key when the blue light flashes in the upper right corner. Select option 3, then latest recovery. This will take you into ClockWork.