droid 3, safestrapped 2.01, liberty rom 2.0

mbost

Reaction score
I have just run into an issue yesterday. All of the sudden, I have zero data connectivity and everysingle app crashes and I'm required to fc. Never run into a problem before. :( went back to non-safe operation for now and all is fine. Here's what I got: droid 3 5.709, safestrapped 2.01, super user 3.1.3, that's in non-safe mode. For some reason when I go safe and run liberty 2.0 everything is the same except I drop to droid 3 4.09 (I think, its the one that came before 5.09, sorry can't remember off the top of my head) and loose all data connectivity and everything fc's. What the heck? No matter what I do (full factory reset ect) nothing gets liberty working. Anybody else had this issue? Is liberty just getting too old now? It worked fine until Friday morning-ish. Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated. :) thanks y'all.

shane1

Reaction score
Are you booting up with your charger plugged in? I had a similar problem and rebooted without the phone plugged in and all was good.

OP
M

mbost

Reaction score
Nope. Nothing plugged in. When the 5.7.09 update came out awhile ago, I was already rooted ect. The update forced and caused my phone to soft brick. So I headed to the verizon store. They sbf'd it and reset it. I got home later that week and rerooted it. Now, for some reason, the safe system is the old version and won't upgrade to the 5.7.09 update. I think because of that, I have zero data. I wonder if liberty is the problem. But I like liberty the best so far and don't want to change. Its just weird that I have problems now, and didn't before. But thanks for the info. It would be nice if it were that easy. Lol. :)

OP
M

mbost

Reaction score
Lol. I did it again. Oops. 5.7.906. Not the other way around. Grrr!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Liberty is not based on .906 that is why it shows a different system number. Nothing you can do will fix that unless you use a ROM built with the .906 system.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
M

mbost

Reaction score
I had figured as much. Has anyone else had problems with data? :( I guess ill have to get rid of liberty. :(