Droid 3...VIDS Leaked..!!

SolidSnakeUS

Reaction score
Ugh, Motoblur. I know it says the software isn't final, but I hope to god it doesn't have Motoblur and I hope it does have a dual core. The keyboard... soooo nice though.

Reaction score
Ugh, Motoblur. I know it says the software isn't final, but I hope to god it doesn't have Motoblur and I hope it does have a dual core. The keyboard... soooo nice though.

Motos CEO has already been quoted to say that new versions of blur will "help" its users conserve battery power on battery draining apps..<---eckk
So it's safe to say that blur is here to stay for the prolonged future. One can only hope that unlocked boot loaders come with this as to give us a choice to remove it.

jr313

Reaction score
Sorry folks its gna have digusting BLUR and a locked bootloader it MOTO's way! but ur gna luv it anyways! and it has that big block square familiar motorola look weve all come to know and luv.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

It will definitely have Motoblur.

It will definitely have a dual core processor. Probably an OMAP.

OP
vonfink13

vonfink13

Reaction score
hmm...not real familiar with motoblur....gonna have to do some research...

EgooEspada

Reaction score
The most sexiest Motorola device, hands down. New Blur looks even better than the one currently on the DX, DX2, etc. and that Blur was plenty good - honestly better than Sense. If this is unlocked, I might sell my Thunderbolt. It'd be great to go back to Motorola.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

I guess it's down to if it has an unlocked bootloader or not.

I'd prepare to be disappointed on that front as well.

SolidSnakeUS

Reaction score

I know I'm just going by what people are saying on how bad MotoBlur is, but is the new one any good or is it really that bad? Because if it's bad, we'd need an unlocked bootloader... I just wish there was a dual-core HTC on Verizon already...

azules9780

Reaction score
I'm going to have to weigh my options as I have had both the D1 and D2 and have definitely found myself looking at other devices. My next device will be 4g though so if this isn't, there is no chance of me getting ever. For that matter, I would take a single core 4g on a year long contract, but not 2 year. A 1 year contract would get me to whenn the quad core 4g awesomeness comes out with a few phones to choose from.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Reaction score
I'm going to have to weigh my options as I have had both the D1 and D2 and have definitely found myself looking at other devices. My next device will be 4g though so if this isn't, there is no chance of me getting ever. For that matter, I would take a single core 4g on a year long contract, but not 2 year. A 1 year contract would get me to whenn the quad core 4g awesomeness comes out with a few phones to choose from.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Just a shame there are no 1 yr contracts to be had anymore... If youre referring to big red of course.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

I know I'm just going by what people are saying on how bad MotoBlur is, but is the new one any good or is it really that bad? Because if it's bad, we'd need an unlocked bootloader... I just wish there was a dual-core HTC on Verizon already...

The new versions of Motoblur that have come out on the X2 and the Gingerbread updates for the X and the Pro are greatly improved. And according to Droid-Life, the Droid 3 will see an even newer and improved version of Blur (along with a better 8mp camera than the X/X2) - DROID3 Tutorial Videos Leaked, New Version of Blur on the Way - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

The new versions of Blur really aren't all that bad at all considering what it used to be. I actually like some of the newer adjustments and additions that they've made. A lot of people complain about Blur not because it's really that bad, but because they're coming off the stock awesomeness of an original Droid and they'd rather have no skinned UI (and I'm right there with them on that).

But in reality Blur doesn't affect me at all since I use LauncherPro Plus and WidgetLocker. I never even see it, and it hasn't adversely affected the battery life of the Blur phones I've had (both the X and Pro were/are quite stellar with the right tweaks), so the presence of Blur doesn't bother me.