Droid and 4G/LTE on Verizon

harrellj

Reaction score
Congratulations! 4G will launch in your area by the end of 2010
4G Network & 4G Wireless Service | Verizon Wireless
*Update Info* I Just spoke to Customer Service with Verizon.I was told that the Droid X will be 4G compatable.
The person I spoke to said that seeing how the phone is an open source..they will be coming out with update as well... WooHoo!

work ON the network, but no LTE service.

Exactly. Hardware's a distinct problem.

TweakedSystems

Reaction score
Sorry eveyone, I was just going by what the man told me. He didn't seem to know exactly what he was taking about apparently...
I did read that article about the next addtion of droid pro..

ISUVetMed

Reaction score
Do you think 4G phones will still be available for purchase and use at the same price of 3G phones for people who arent living in the LTE area. I want one of the newer phones, but i dont want to pay more for a service i wont be able to use.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
they will still be able to use the 3G signal..

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Do you think 4G phones will still be available for purchase and use at the same price of 3G phones for people who arent living in the LTE area. I want one of the newer phones, but i dont want to pay more for a service i wont be able to use.

Pricing would have to be kept the same IMHO....

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Pricing doesn't necessarily have to stay the same. Sprint charges and extra 10 a month for the evo from what I understand.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Pricing would have to be kept the same IMHO....

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

verizon has already come out and said they would be going to tiered data plans for the new network.

xmguy

Reaction score
LTE devices use a SIM card. It's NOT GSM. But LTE is a new type of data and voice tech. So ANY phones being sold NOW are NOT LTE compatible.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyway, can we say with absolute certainty that our beloved Droids will become outdated when the 4G network rolls out in the coming years?
Yes. It's the claims to the contrary that need to support themselves -- not the other way 'round. Care to share your sources? Are any of them reliable?

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Congratulations! 4G will launch in your area by the end of 2010
4G Network & 4G Wireless Service | Verizon Wireless
*Update Info* I Just spoke to Customer Service with Verizon.I was told that the Droid X will be 4G compatable.
The person I spoke to said that seeing how the phone is an open source..they will be coming out with update as well... WooHoo!

Customer Service is not a reliable source, they lie all the time, well I'm sure they're just misinformed by their sources, be them their computer or their supervisors. Either way, it seems the only way to settle this debate is if someone takes apart a Droid X and sees if they can spot an LTE antenna, it's how we learned of the iPod Touch's Bluetooth antenna.

Of course I'm sure someone has taken a Droid X apart, possibly on youtube or something...

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Either way, it seems the only way to settle this debate is if someone takes apart a Droid X and sees if they can spot an LTE antenna, it's how we learned of the iPod Touch's Bluetooth antenna.

Of course I'm sure someone has taken a Droid X apart, possibly on youtube or something...

no need to take it apart just look for a sim card slot under the battery. As xmguy said LTE phones use a sim card like GSM but its not GSM.

No card slot no LTE.

heres the card

10x0719ub45433life.jpg

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
... Where'd they get it? Kidding, but will 3G smartphones like out Droids at least get enhanced data speeds? Or is this it?

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Yeah a lot of my family/people I know are talking about Tmobile's increased 3G speeds... I think they're going to beat everyone to the "higher speed" market. I'm even tempted to get a Mytouch 4G...