Droid backside peeling

Flea506

Reaction score
the Backside of my Droid is peeling like if a cars paint peels any one else have this problem? should i have it replaced

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try a little baby oil.:icon_ devil:

OK, if it's really peeling I'm sure they will give you another back cover. Take it to Verizon.

MrCapcom

Reaction score
I know a guy here on the forum sells vinyls for that back piece you can always get that. I believe the skin is suppose to come off. I think when I get my droid back ill grab the vinyl its only liek 4-6 bucks depending on the design

Takami826

Reaction score
behind the screen? is it just that piece of plastic film? that can peel off...

OP
F

Flea506

Reaction score
no not the film its at te very bottom of the droid on the backside he part thats raised up a little

jefbystereo

Reaction score
My guess is it probably is something like that. I had a nice pair of sunglasses that had the same feel, and after about 2 years they started peeling off and thats when I figured out it was a rubberized layer ontop of the plastic frame.

OP
F

Flea506

Reaction score
so do you think its worth haveing relpalced or if they even will replace it

jefbystereo

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd take it in and have them look at it, especially since its so new. Could have been a problem when it was applied. Or just get a case/skin and cover it.

gabeevans88

Reaction score
the Backside of my Droid is peeling like if a cars paint peels any one else have this problem? should i have it replaced

Is is the battery Door? if so Motorola will send you a new one for free, i had this problem on the batter door, i cantacted them via this link and they shipped a new one within 24 hours. https://www.motorola.com/feedback.jsp

Found it in a sticky in general discussion posted by stigy

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
so do you think its worth haveing relpalced or if they even will replace it

I guarantee they will replace it for you. They may even offer you a whole new phone but just get the back if you can.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd take it in and have them look at it, especially since its so new. Could have been a problem when it was applied. Or just get a case/skin and cover it.

If you're talking about the "silicone" skin, I bought one and it didn't even fit proper on my Droid. I sent it back to them. No matter How hard I tried I couldn't get it to snap tight over the Droid.