Droid Google Voice Setup

droijo

Reaction score
Setting up Google Voice, it asks to dial a provisioning code *71googlevoicenumber when setting up the Voice app on the droid.

Now, It keeps going to a dead tone and then hangs up. Is this what is supposed to happen? I tested it out and received phone calls from that number fine and voicemail to that number.

yes it is. read through the setup process again. you skimmed a little to fast.

I also have in another post asking which Google Voice I should choose regarding minutes and that. I want a new number but if my friends and family call it I do not want...(me or them)...to be charged usage minutes. That is my deciding factor. Here is my other. post http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid/11807-google-voice-66.html#post555902 :motdroidhoriz::reddroid:
Thank you all!

hmm maybe one will get an invite.

Then why is it every time I go into the voicemail settings on the Droid, it always asks me to configure the phone. Do I have to dial it everytime? Then, it says "No changes were made" when I click ok.

How am I supposed to edit the voicemail greetings and everything?

Last edited:
I have always had issues with that set-up. Re-run a few times and click and change a few times in call settings.

Eventually it sticks and works fine.

Now, It keeps going to a dead tone and then hangs up. Is this what is supposed to happen? I tested it out and received phone calls from that number fine and voicemail to that number.
As long as the voicemail is GV you're set.

I also have in another post asking which Google Voice I should choose regarding minutes and that
If you have a thread already why are you threadjacking this one? :confused:

How am I supposed to edit the voicemail greetings and everything?
Voicemail is never a phone feature. It's either a carrier or third party feature. You change greetings and settings by calling your voicemail (unless your voicemail provider offers some other alternatives - e.g. the Google Voice web site).

Last edited:
Back