Droid RAZR Case Review Thread

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The official "Droid RAZR Case Review" thread. Help others make the best choice possible when purchasing a new case. Give us a quick review of the case your using with the RAZR.

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
If they have a windshield mount case/belt clip package like they did with the OG droid moto, then I'll be picking that up.

droidshot®

Reaction score
This phone looks so sexy! The only thing I'll be putting on it will be invisishield!!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
^ That's a good statement because after purchasing a few otterboxes (my top pick) I have realized that all form factor is lost for maximum protection gained - my wife's Dinc and my Bionic look the same next to each other besides the actual size difference, not sure what I am going to do with my GNXS but protection is a must, and the Razr has some sharp lines I personally would hate to see covered up by a hard shell

droidshot®

Reaction score
^i agree completely. I do like the otterbox case the best for protection but with the phone in video mode it squeaks and pops alot when you're moving the phone around.It kind of ruined a couple of important videos I took! The back of the razr is carbon fiber and it's tuff and light but it will scratch. That is why I'm just going to put the invisishield on the back.I want to see this beautiful phone every time I pull it out!

snorin72

Reaction score
I was hoping with the gorilla glass and kevlar it wouldn't need much for protection. Wishful thinking perhaps....

SANhacker

Reaction score
I was hoping with the gorilla glass and kevlar it wouldn't need much for protection. Wishful thinking perhaps....

+1
I was hoping the same thing. My OG wore an Otter Box for its first year but has been naked for its second year. Not a scratch on it.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
With the gorilla glass I understood that a screen protector was not needed unless you really abuse the screen. Under normal conditions...carrying a phone in your pocket or pouch should not require a screen protector to keep from scratching.

cmorty72

Reaction score
I've tried both the Otter Box cases:

Defender-Built like a tank... a major bear to open, as well as being bulky. My Razr was the size of and bulky as a Thunderbolt with it on. Plus the silicon part of the set up, is a major lint/dust magnet (especially if you take it in and out of your pocket... providing it'll fit in there).

Commuter-Obviously not as bulky as the Defender (nor does it have the added holster/clip). But after installing on my Razr, it hid the sleekness and form of the Razr. But a solid case nonetheless.

Personally I like the glossy black gel case that I picked up from Verizon (keeps the form of the Razr intact as well as adds some protection, also it doesn't collect dust and lint went in/out of your pocket).

busab

Reaction score
" With the gorilla glass I understood that a screen protector was not needed unless you really abuse the screen. Under normal conditions...carrying a phone in your pocket or pouch should not require a screen protector to keep from scratching."

In my experience that is not true. Even with this phone I managed to scratch the glass on it on the very first day. Luckily its near the camera on the top and not actually on the display. All I did was put it in my pocket with some coins.

Needless to say, it is now sporting a screen protector.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fauxreall

Reaction score
" With the gorilla glass I understood that a screen protector was not needed unless you really abuse the screen. Under normal conditions...carrying a phone in your pocket or pouch should not require a screen protector to keep from scratching."

In my experience that is not true. Even with this phone I managed to scratch the glass on it on the very first day. Luckily its near the camera on the top and not actually on the display. All I did was put it in my pocket with some coins.

Needless to say, it is now sporting a screen protector.

what phone was that. i had an og droid and that thing has been dropped and thrown around quite a bit, all dented and watnot but the screen is perfect, not a single tiny scratch on it. pretty amazing.

I ordered the new case from TPU-CASES.COM, - All TPU Cases Shipped Free in the USA, it's like the soft case from Verizon, but it's thinner, much tighter fit and doesn't attract lint like the Verizon one. At least on my Bionic.

$9.90 shipped for the RAZR one and use coupon XDA for 10% off.

that actually looks like a really awesome simple case that wont add too much to the razr

Last edited:

busab

Reaction score
what phone was that. i had an og droid and that thing has been dropped and thrown around quite a bit, all dented and watnot but the screen is perfect, not a single tiny scratch on it. pretty amazing.

that actually looks like a really awesome simple case that wont add too much to the razr

It was my new Razr the day I got it this past Friday.

Morydees

Reaction score
I ordered the new case from TPU-CASES.COM, - All TPU Cases Shipped Free in the USA, it's like the soft case from Verizon, but it's thinner, much tighter fit and doesn't attract lint like the Verizon one. At least on my Bionic.

$9.90 shipped for the RAZR one and use coupon XDA for 10% off.

That is exactly the kind of case I'd love if it came in a belt/clip model. Actually, I wonder if it's thin enough that it could slide into the original Verizon belt case that I currently have...