Droid RAZR CUSTOMERS PLEASE CALL VERIZON AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE UPCOMING MAXX RELEASE

tma133

Reaction score
I am a Droid Razr owner and bought the phone on its release date. The phone's battery life is a disgrace and the fact Verizon is implementing a new phone 2 months later proves the original Razr was a problem. The MAXX is the same exact phone (same specs all around) except it has the extended battery (slightly larger, less than a mm too).

The more people that call and complain to customer support the better. Why would Verizon and Motorola release the fixed solution to the original Razr two months later. Clearly, the Razr was a bust! Call now and complain! I am in the process of obtaining a Droid MAXX now.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Don't you guys ever get tired of making threads like this? Verizon doesn't care and Motorola already said that they'll be slowing down releases this year. People seem to be enjoying their Razrs from what I see so I don't really see the point in this.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

portermac

Reaction score
That's funny you said. I feel like I've heard that before. Complain to Verizon, yeah that will help.
After I got my bionic all I heard was that we were screwed because the razor came out right after and we should complain. The problem is that they are always gonna keep putting out better phones and you will always be pissed you didn't wait.
I love my bionic that has zero issues and wouldn't trade it for any phone out now. Enjoy what you have or sell it on Ebay. That's your choices.
I bet in two months there will be a razor with a removable battery, man that would really blow you're lid.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Arodnum1

Reaction score
Bout 20% battery per 4 hours on moderate use, not any worse than any other 4g smartphone, but Alot thinner, also, I bought a 10$ external battery that gives me about a 90% charge, so... I'm not complaining

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

todroid

Reaction score
Clearly, the Razr was a bust! Call now and complain!

Really? The phone that had great reviews from all the tech sites, the phone that gets lots of love on this and other forums for being GREAT out of the box, without a need to install any custom ROMs is a bust?
Sorry, I think you're on your own here. I'd rather have a phone that, when I need more battery life, I'll just hook up a slim power pack. When I don't (that being the majority of the time with >20 hour power cycle), I can have a phone that even with a case is completely pocketable.

Dunc

Reaction score
I am a Droid Razr owner and bought the phone on its release date. The phone's battery life is a disgrace and the fact Verizon is implementing a new phone 2 months later proves the original Razr was a problem. The MAXX is the same exact phone (same specs all around) except it has the extended battery (slightly larger, less than a mm too).

The more people that call and complain to customer support the better. Why would Verizon and Motorola release the fixed solution to the original Razr two months later. Clearly, the Razr was a bust! Call now and complain! I am in the process of obtaining a Droid MAXX now.
So you bought the phone knowing full well that couldn't swap in an extended battery and now you're upset? Give me a break. Also, it's not a "fix" to a "problem" just because you think the battery is subpar. It's simply a different model to increase sales for them. Next time make a better decision when choosing your phone and don't pick one that doesn't have a removable battery.

<- Razr owner who is going to swap to the Maxx without moaning.

jdroid80

Reaction score
So you bought the phone knowing full well that couldn't swap in an extended battery and now you're upset? Give me a break. Also, it's not a "fix" to a "problem" just because you think the battery is subpar. It's simply a different model to increase sales for them. Next time make a better decision when choosing your phone and don't pick one that doesn't have a removable battery.

<- Razr owner who is going to swap to the Maxx without moaning.

Yup, if someone needs an extended battery, the Razr is not for you.

Plus people had 14 days for swap out their phone, if the original battery wasn't good enough for them.

jaseq

Reaction score
yeah...no offense but why?
not all of us need that much battery, and ill take the sleek thin form over the extra added thickness for more juice. the reason i bought the razr was for its form not its battery power. if anything i give them props for giving us options. you want a razr u just happen to want it in another color besides black, no problem. you want a razr with a longer lasting battery and dont mind the addition of some thickness, guess what? its also available.

msblueline

Reaction score

So you want all the other Droid Razr owners to call and complain so YOU can get a new phone. Just because they made a new phone with a larger battery doesn't mean they messed up the first one. The sales of the DROID Razr went through the roof. Why make what isn't broken. All they did was take an exceptional phone and make it a little better.

Anyway, it is not Verizon that you have a problem with. It is their policy, and you want to be null and void against it.

I bet when you got the DROID Razr home you played with it all day and night. Told people how you loved the phone, how good it was and now there is something better all of the sudden your phone sucks. It didn't suck two months ago did it...

msblueline

vonfink13

Reaction score
from what I have seen of the maxx... I prefer my RAZR over it anyways.. its just fatter... and if I had wanted a fatter phone I woulda got one... the sleek design of the RAZR is what I wanted.. and that's what I got...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I bet when you got the DROID Razr home you played with it all day and night. Told people how you loved the phone, how good it was and now there is something better all of the sudden your phone sucks. It didn't suck two months ago did it...

msblueline

LOL! +1000!

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
I've gotta be honest. . . . OP kinda deserved this mob response, but Razr owners seem to be the most harsh responders of any phone owner on these Droid forums. Although I have to admit that I sometimes enjoy the responses.

Nealius

Reaction score
its fun to watch these threads backfire.
Yesterday was the slow Nexus, Today its call verizon about the Razr!

Can we please have a rezound thread tomorrow? Please!!DancingNexus

Nealius

Reaction score
I've gotta be honest. . . . OP kinda deserved this mob response, but Razr owners seem to be the most harsh responders of any phone owner on these Droid forums. Although I have to admit that I sometimes enjoy the responses.

This is so true. Razr owners really trashed talked to the Nexus owners for the first month or so. Karma...