Droid X Battery Questions

crwys

Reaction score
Ok so I have 2 questions, 1 is pretty simple, the other is well.. yea lol.

Is there a way to turn on my phone without the battery in?
(Like plugging the AC Adapter into your laptop without your laptop battery in it)

Is there any way to lower my battery usage "Display"
My phone usage is always
Display - 45% or higher
Phone Idle - 10-20%
Cell Standby - 10-15%
Everything else - 30-40%?

I have my brightness all the way down, lock timer on the lowest. But my phone always seems to lose its majority of battery to my Display. I always have GPS, Wifi, ect. off. It is never on airplane mode though. I just don't understand why my Display takes up so much battery but my other friends phones don't. My phone lasts me throughout the day but I feel like it should last longer.

Thanks.

Oh yea also is there any HDMI to RCA cables or FEMALE HDMI to RCA Cables? For my phone. (So i guess it would be Micro HDMI to RCA)
So something like only FEMALE type or micro type?
Amazon.com: HDMI to 3 RCA + VGA Cable M/M 1.8ft/6ft: Electronics

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Your phone will not turn on without a battery on the stock ROM. The only way to do that is with an AOSP ROM like Cyanogenmod 7.

Your display being the highest power draw is a good thing. That means your phone's OS is managing your apps and processes well.

Third, while there are HDMI to RCA adapters out there, they don't work because you cannot do a high def source to a low definition source without a converter box of some kind.

CM74DX

Last edited:
OP
C

crwys

Reaction score
Alright thank you. Can you post a link to where I would install this rom and how to do it. (I tried installing Liquid rom and it bricked my phone and I had to recover and re-root)
Also installing this Cygon rom. What changes when I install it? Any disadvantages.
Thanks again.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Make sure you are on Froyo before you install this. Use Droid 2 bootstrap to flash these files. Data wipe, wipe cache and dalvik cache, then flash the ROM, then the Gapps, then the camera fix. Then reboot.

CM7 boots off the Froyo kernel, but is actually 2.3.4, which is the latest version of Gingerbread. The customization is awesome. Only downsides are battery life, and some reboots on some builds. This ROM is not yet considered stable, it is still being tweaked.

Here is where to download the latest version:

http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=cdma_shadow

Here is the link for the Gapps (Google apps so you can use the market):

http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/...r-the-motorola-droid-x-v710-rc0-15-june-2011/

Here is the link for the all in one camera fix:
http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?1347-All-In-One-Fix-Zip-for-CM4DX

CM74DX

Last edited:
OP
C

crwys

Reaction score
Make sure you are on Froyo before you install this. Use Droid 2 bootstrap to flash these files. Data wipe, wipe cache and dalvik cache, then flash the ROM, then the Gapps, then the camera fix. Then reboot.

CM7 boots off the Froyo kernel, but is actually 2.3.4, which is the latest version of Gingerbread. The customization is awesome. Only downsides are battery life, and some reboots on some builds. This ROM is not yet considered stable, it is still being tweaked.

CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution

[UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 7 for the Motorola Droid X :: V7.1.0-RC0 (15 June 2011) - CyanogenMod Forum

All In One Fix Zip for CM4DX

CM74DX

Thank you so very much. :yr1:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution

[UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 7 for the Motorola Droid X :: V7.1.0-RC0 (15 June 2011) - CyanogenMod Forum

All In One Fix Zip for CM4DX

CM74DX

Thank you so very much. :yr1:

No problem. Let me know how it goes, or if you have any questions or anything. dancedroid

CM74DX

OP
C

crwys

Reaction score
Edit:
Ok its all installed and ready to go. Thanks again.
I ordered a HDMI to RCA box converter. I read the reviews and a droid x confirmed using it so it sounds promising. As for my battery hopefully it will last longer on this mod.

Thanks again for answering all my questions.

Last edited:
OP
C

crwys

Reaction score
Cyanogen Mod doesn't support HDMI and thats something I need.... Does liberty rom support turning on without battery?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Justice does, but it is basically Cyanogenmod 7, so HDMI wont work. You can't have both.

SSX v2.0

OP
C

crwys

Reaction score
Dang.....
So there is no way at all to have both. Thats lame. You would figure there would be a way by now. Thanks again though.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dang.....
So there is no way at all to have both. Thats lame. You would figure there would be a way by now. Thanks again though.

No, unfortunately. You need an AOSP ROM like CM7 for the battery, and a Blur ROM like Liberty or ZombieStomped for the HDMI.

SSX v2.0

OP
C

crwys

Reaction score
Alright well I need the HDMI more than I need the battery.
Can you suggest which rom you think is better?
ZombieStomped or liberty?
I was thinking about liberty...

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would say Liberty. There are a ton of customization tweaks with it. The battery life is better than CM7. Its not as fast though.

Liberty v.09 is only in Liberty Toolbox Pro, but Liberty v.08 is pretty much exactly the same and its in the free one.

SSX v2.0