Droid X Low Battery/ Stuck On "M" Logo

Spark151

Reaction score
Hey guys!
I am sorry if anyone thinks that this is a stupid question, but yesterday my friend dropped off his brother's old droid X (he has a windows phone and since it doesnt have a lot of apps yet, he wants me to put ApeX (rom) on it, not to mention its battery is a bit bad.) so i have it plugged into my computer right now, it had a green light for a few minutes. then turned on and went to the Moto logo. which it was doing weeks before. (note that it just went back off into the green LED again.) and ive tried to get into bootloader, but its battery is too low. i want to sbf it back to stock, root, clockwork install, and lastly i wanted to put ApeX on it. Ive used a outlet instead of a pc, it just goes right to the Moto logo again. And I have no friends with phones with a droid X to charge it in. Ive tried removing the sd card too. I have wiped it many times. No luck. It did that after i restored a droid x backup. (the backup worked on my D2G.) And it went to the Moto logo and stayed there. I dont want my battery to explode (i care about my house burning more than a old phone burning) So i am not gonna splice the cord. i have already wasted 2 usb cables. Someone told me to try a car charger saying that it would charge it correctly. I might have time to go to verizion, but im not sure they'll charge it for me.

Please Help Guys, Thanks!

OP
Spark151

Spark151

Reaction score
I Risked it. and splicing a cord and charging it that way didn't work

comk4ver

Reaction score
You need a separate battery charger or a different droid X to charge the battery... Batteries don't charge in the bootloader that's your problem. I have my droid X, spare charger and an extended battery let me know if you're interested in a borrow or to buy. FYI the droid X screen is broken.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

OP
Spark151

Spark151

Reaction score
Ive tried to get my hands on a battery so i would not need to borrow, but i highly appreciate you offering me that. But i have a quick question; How much battery does the device's battery have to have in order to get the "BATTERY OK" prompt? All i need is to flash the phone because i think i got my D2G Recovery mixed up with my droid x recovery on clockwork. Which is weird because i was able to run my droid x stock recovery on my D2G which i used because i needed to charge before installing my next rom. So my droid X is stuck on the Red 'M' splash screen. Can only get into stock recovery and ive tried wiping that device many time. the bad thing about the Droid (2.3.4 Gingerbread) Devices need a bootstrap on stock. So i think i would've been in clockwork if i didnt need to bootstrap. If the battery is too low then i *might* borrow. But just note that i might need to. The only thing i wish android devices had is an easy restore like iOS. And also the battery might have been charging on my PC, which it had the green LED but it booted up so i had to unplug and it would go back to the LED. But the battery had severe problems with knowing how much charge is left (Ex; 1 min of charging 10%. Next min 60%, next min 20%) so that could prevent the device from charging. but do you know of any way to charge while in the splash screen? Thanks for your help A LOT! :hail:

comk4ver

Reaction score
I honestly don't know regarding Charging on the splash screen and it's been a difficult issue with for everyone else. The same thing happened to me so that's why I got the extra spare battery charger.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

OP
Spark151

Spark151

Reaction score
OK, thanks for your help. i will report back when (or should i say IF) i get my battery. i will say how it went. But thanks to you very much.