Droid X Reboot and Recovery

Willjc1988

Reaction score
I had no problem rooting my Droid X and also putting on Rom Manager and Superuser but whenever I try to change anything and reboot the recovery mode loads partially and fails ... Has anyone been able to solve this problem for the Droid X yet?

mgf

Reaction score
I had no problem rooting my Droid X and also putting on Rom Manager and Superuser but whenever I try to change anything and reboot the recovery mode loads partially and fails ... Has anyone been able to solve this problem for the Droid X yet?
i think your problem is rom manger. Since the droid x doesnt have a custom recovery yet, that might be your problem.

OP
Willjc1988

Willjc1988

Reaction score
So how would I be able to get around that or when do you think someone will be able to create a process to be able to get over the bootloader and add custom roms to the Droid X?

OP
Willjc1988

Willjc1988

Reaction score
Alright I guess i'll just have to wait and hope that it comes out soon

tony1208

Reaction score
i ahvent even rooted mine yet...waiting for froyo and plus no roms yet or recovery

OP
Willjc1988

Willjc1988

Reaction score
I'm to impatient to wait for froyo, i'd rather have it rooted and be able to take off the apps that I don't want and save memory

darthrogue

Reaction score
I'm to impatient to wait for froyo, i'd rather have it rooted and be able to take off the apps that I don't want and save memory

You do realize that the Droid X has 8gb of memory for apps, right? Also, if the app isn't running, it doesn't take anything out of your RAM...

bitter

Reaction score
i ahvent even rooted mine yet...waiting for froyo and plus no roms yet or recovery

Yeah, I'm in the same boat right now. Stock theme is extremely ugly though, and I want to get rid of the nasty bloat apps.

bcals0087

Reaction score

Yeah, I'm in the same boat right now. Stock theme is extremely ugly though, and I want to get rid of the nasty bloat apps.

Launcher pro plus, definately one of the best home launchers out there. My phone is smooth as butter, you just gotta tweak the settings to get it just right for your phone. But it gets rid of that ugly stock ui they have goin on.

Reaction score
Couldn't agree with you more. Launcher pro is the only thing that keeps me sane coming from a fully customized D1.

Fanatic1074

Reaction score
So what exactly does this launcher pro do? Is it a custom rom app or what? My wife has the X and she is not liking all this blur crap either. She keeps telling me "fix it!!!" lol.

Any additional info you could provide would be awesome. Thanks.

Reaction score
LauncherPro is a home replacement application. In my opinion, it's the best there is. It's essentially 100% customizable. It runs much smoother than any home replacement I've ever tried, and it's not too bad on memory either. If your wife is tired of the stock MotoBlur nonsense of the ex, point her in the direction of LauncherPro. It's totally free(Unless you want to spring for the Plus version, which includes four fantastic widgets). For more info and a few pictures of the interface before any customization, LauncherPro