Droid X running horrible...

BrianV

Reaction score
For the last few weeks my X has been horrible... terrible lag, battery life horrible, locking up and at times getting physically hot to the touch.. i think flikie wallpaper was part of the problem... once i un installed that the over heating went away..every time i looked at the batt manager it said flikie was using over 60%...
but.. still horrible lag, locks up... FB app takes forever to load if it does.. Gmail is horrible slow... battery would go dead in less than 4 hours... went today and bought the extended battery... charged it up... lost 30% in 1.5 hours.. now battery manager says Android OS is using 76% also its like my phone will just shut off 3g... i cant get any data to load, the "arrows" on the 3g icon wont move and nothing loads.. ill have to shut down or battery pull.. to get 3g back...

anyone else having these problems?? ive deleted most all apps... only running beautiful widgets, launcher pro plus and widgets and vlingo widget... any help??????

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Have you considered a factory reset and start completely over?

Good luck...

OP
B

BrianV

Reaction score
Yeah ... did one back when all of this started ....

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Could be a bad phone - have you talked with VZW tech support for troubleshooting and possibly request a replacement device...as you know, this is not normal performance for an X...

xliderider

Reaction score
A bad file/filesystem on your sd card can cause all those problems. If you have a spare sd card, try putting it in your phone. Or, take the sd card out of your phone and see how it runs.

If the sd card seems to be the culprit, back up your files to your computer, then reformat the sd card in the phone. Move your folders and files back starting with only the essential stuff, then move small batches of folders/files back and test till you have located a bad file, or all the files are back on the card.

OP
B

BrianV

Reaction score
im probably gonna have to do that... again... did that a week or so ago and they told me to wait for an update... well its running the same after the update... just hate to go to a refurb :icon_evil:

OP
B

BrianV

Reaction score
thanks for the info.... im moving everything to my computer... then im doing another rest and start all over... then move a little at a time to my card... thanks guys,,,

OP
B

BrianV

Reaction score
yep ill reformat and see how it goes... ill keep ya updated... thanks so much

MegaSlammo

Reaction score
yep ill reformat and see how it goes... ill keep ya updated... thanks so much

Assuming you're unrooted, the holy grail for the same problem I had (on a 1st Gen Droid) was an app called Watchdog. I still use this in place of app killers on an unrooted Droid 2. The features allow you to set an alarm to notify you when an app exceeds any selected threshold, and you can whitelist, blacklist, kill, ignore, etc. There's more features that help conserve battery on that app as well, and the Dev is awesome :) hope this helps.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Reaction score
A bad file/filesystem on your sd card can cause all those problems. If you have a spare sd card, try putting it in your phone. Or, take the sd card out of your phone and see how it runs.

If the sd card seems to be the culprit, back up your files to your computer, then reformat the sd card in the phone. Move your folders and files back starting with only the essential stuff, then move small batches of folders/files back and test till you have located a bad file, or all the files are back on the card.

I had the same thing. I moved a bunch of files over to my SD via FTP and started seeing a bunch of lockups. I formatted the SD and the problem went away.

--------------------------------------
So tell me Future Boy, who's President of The United States in 1985?

msu

Reaction score
I've been haveing all these issues aswell andwas about to make my own post. Not sure ifmy battery life sucks or not. I just figure it does. Bit, the random reboots, lock ups etc is driving me insane. I did bring over my sd from my D1.
But, I think it is the DX. I have turn the screen off when it locks up, then turn it back on and it will either come on, not come on (even hitting the button couple of time or the screen will come on so low that u can see the clock # barely. Im rooted and thinking about un rooting, then wait for it to do it again then walk into a store. 15 min ago, it locked up and re booted like 5 times until I pulled the battery..

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Pull the data off the SD card, reformat the SD card from your phone if you can, the PC if you cant, test the phone. If all is well, put the data back on the card. Test. If all is well you're good. If not at any step you know it is the phone.

xliderider

Reaction score
I've been haveing all these issues aswell andwas about to make my own post. Not sure ifmy battery life sucks or not. I just figure it does. Bit, the random reboots, lock ups etc is driving me insane. I did bring over my sd from my D1.
But, I think it is the DX. I have turn the screen off when it locks up, then turn it back on and it will either come on, not come on (even hitting the button couple of time or the screen will come on so low that u can see the clock # barely. Im rooted and thinking about un rooting, then wait for it to do it again then walk into a store. 15 min ago, it locked up and re booted like 5 times until I pulled the battery..

You may still need to reformat the card. My original Droid ran fine on 2.1 roms, but every time I loaded a 2.2 froyo rom the freezing and lockups occurred. so just because your sd card was fine in the Droid, it may not be ok in the X.