Droid X unlocks with incoming calls

shvegas

Reaction score
Does anybody know how I stop my phone from automatically unlocking when I receive an incoming call? I have it set to require a pin when I turn the phone on. When the phone rings in my pocket I cannot get it out without accepting or rejecting the call because something touches the screen on the way out. This seems like a fatal flaw. If the phone is locked I would like to have to unlock it before answering so it doesn't happen accidently.

garath

Reaction score
When the phone is locked answering requires a slide. That would be pretty hard to do just by pulling the phone out of your pocket.

OP
S

shvegas

Reaction score
no slide required

When the phone is locked answering requires a slide. That would be pretty hard to do just by pulling the phone out of your pocket.

I wish it did require a slide. My problem is that when the phone rings the accept and reject buttons appear without needing to slide.

bigdog9586

Reaction score

I wish it did require a slide. My problem is that when the phone rings the accept and reject buttons appear without needing to slide.
Mine does NOT require a slide either even though my sisters does. She don't want one as time she gets it out of her purse while driving and then she needs to slide it to unlock it to talk. 2.1 gave you the option of a slide or no slide. 2.2 we lost that feature. I think it is kind of funny how everyone just couldn't wait for 2.2 and in my opinion we went backwards and when the next upgrade comes along you can bet I'll be waiting a week or so to see what else we lose and what little we get back.

PertDaddy

Reaction score
It would be nice if you could choose to have it remain locked when making/receiving calls. I often use the phone via bluetooth in my car while the phone stays in my pocket and once it unlocks, all sorts of bad things happen.