Droid1 on straight talk, wireless tether wont work

bikevision

Reaction score
I have a rooted Droid 1 I just hooked up with straight talk. Everything works but when trying to tether to my evo to use as a tablet basically, it won't connect. No data in or out. The evo can't even see it. I had the tether working 2 years ago when I had the droid on verizon. is there something straight talk could of done to prevent wireless tether from working. Seems to me if there was a way to do that all the carriers would be doing it. I updated the wifi tether app and it fails with enabling routing fix. But version 2.0.7 doesent have any failures. I looked up the routing fix and there is no way to enable routing fix in settings. I'm at a total loss with this one.

I'm running android 2.3.3 cdm 7.0.3

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

dasanman69

Reaction score
I have a rooted Droid 1 I just hooked up with straight talk. Everything works but when trying to tether to my evo to use as a tablet basically, it won't connect. No data in or out. The evo can't even see it. I had the tether working 2 years ago when I had the droid on verizon. is there something straight talk could of done to prevent wireless tether from working. Seems to me if there was a way to do that all the carriers would be doing it. I updated the wifi tether app and it fails with enabling routing fix. But version 2.0.7 doesent have any failures. I looked up the routing fix and there is no way to enable routing fix in settings. I'm at a total loss with this one.

I'm running android 2.3.3 cdm 7.0.3

Try FoxFi or Hotspot Widget.

OP
B

bikevision

Reaction score
I tried foxfi it said wireless tether wouldn't work for my phone. I have tried a bunch of apps off the market and none of them seem to work. I was able to tether when I had it hooked up with verizon. Anyone have any ideas on how to get it to work again.