During calls screen will go black

docryde3

Reaction score
During calls my screen will go black and sometimes it will come back on and sometimes it won't. So if I call my voicemail I can't enter numbers and sometimes can't end calls at first I thought it was my theme so I installed my backup but after I deleted the theme the voicemail started acting better but still sometimes I can't end calls. I am running GB .591 deodex

Anyone else have this problem I searched but didn't find nothing but I am a noob so maybe I over looked it

Snow02

Reaction score
It turns off due to the proximity sensor. This keeps you from pressing the screen with your face during a call. Just make sure you're not still blocking the sensor when you're trying to use the dialpad.

OP
D

docryde3

Reaction score
So maybe it was the way I was holding it or a shadow got it I'll remember next time thanks

Meg@bbym

Reaction score
Some screen protecters cover the sensor...jus make sure that sensor isnt covered

OP
D

docryde3

Reaction score
I tried different things still have the problem I sbf'd my phone to stock and still have the problem. But called tech support and they are overnighting me a different one dancedroid

zweebex

Reaction score
Problem caused by case

I have an incredible with an otterbox case. I noticed there was some dust on the little wndows on the front cover and assumed this might cause problems.

I used a q-tip with screen cleaning solution to clean both sides of the small window on my otterbox case on the front screen in the top left (the sensor is behind it). There was some dust buildup there that was in the way. Afterwards, everything worked fine.