Eclipse 2.2 and Play store apps

igl00jx

Reaction score
Recently acquired a Bionic with Eclipse 2.2. I have been trying to download and install Pandora, Facebook, and Handcent, yet the apps don't show up in the store. Tried logging into the play store via my desktop and it tells me the apps are incompatible with my phone. Does this have anything to do with the fact that I am running a custom ROM? Will I have to sideload the apps for this phone? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

CamoCustom

Reaction score
Recently acquired a Bionic with Eclipse 2.2. I have been trying to download and install Pandora, Facebook, and Handcent, yet the apps don't show up in the store. Tried logging into the play store via my desktop and it tells me the apps are incompatible with my phone. Does this have anything to do with the fact that I am running a custom ROM? Will I have to sideload the apps for this phone? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hmm, thats strange, I have Handcent and FB installed from the store on my bionic running eclipse 2.2, but then again, I came from a titanium backup off my stock system. Maybe that could be the reason? Also, i have not had any issue downloading new apps from the store though while on eclipse.... Good luck!

Reaction score
You might actally need to clear the cache on the play store in order to get things to be recognized. When I had Eclipse 2.2 installed I found that the play store force closed a lot until I cleared cache and the data. After that it worked great.

OP
I

igl00jx

Reaction score
Fixed the issue. A wipe and reinstallation fixed the issue. Clearing the store cache would have been an easier, but it's fixed notheless. Thanks

yummybacon

Reaction score
You might actally need to clear the cache on the play store in order to get things to be recognized. When I had Eclipse 2.2 installed I found that the play store force closed a lot until I cleared cache and the data. After that it worked great.

that did the trick for me as well thanks