[ROM] Eclipse JB for Droid 4

ws6formula350

Reaction score
Tried the 1320 and 1320lv patches from the JB rom folder, still only showing max of 1200mhz in setcpu and rom toolbox; which one did everybody else try that was working?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Tried the 1320 and 1320lv patches from the JB rom folder, still only showing max of 1200mhz in setcpu and rom toolbox; which one did everybody else try that was working?

reinstall init.d and reboot you can do this with universal init.d installer off of play. then reboot.

ws6formula350

Reaction score
What's everybodys preferred governor? Looking for battery life more than anything.

kenji91

Reaction score
What's everybodys preferred governor? Looking for battery life more than anything.

I found that for battery life, maybe hotplugx was the best. For performance, I really liked interactivex. I ended up settling on smartassv2 as a happy medium.

It really depends on how you use your phone. Maybe download a battery monitor and use a governor for a day or two and take screenshots of the battery graphs. Then compare with another one.

kwood129

Reaction score
I think I'm lost. I've tried with 2 phones now and cant seem to get the overclocking to work. I've tried a few of the different ones and nothing seems to work. I also installed the universal init.d from the play store and that doesn't seem to work. I'm usually pretty good at this but I'm stumped on this one. I even deleted my rom slot and started over fresh just in case that comes up.

mrtonk

Reaction score
I am about to root my wife's D4 for the first time because I'm tired of her complaining about how slow and laggy it is after the JB update and I finally, after nearly two years, convinced her to allow me to root her phone.

I plan, after a lot of research, to flash this rom. I am coming from HTC, so I have a few questions.

Is this correct?

1. After battery is at 100%, use Droid Utility to root, using option 2 to keep data intact on stock ROM. Question - do I also want to use option 3 for the razr blade root?
2. Install Safestrap-RAZR (latest, 3.5).
3. Install Eclipse ROM. Question - does it matter which slot to use?
4. Reboot. Go back into Safestrap. (It doesn't say this anywhere, but I've always been told to reboot between flashing important things).
5. In order to overclock, use Safestrap to apply D4overclock1320lv.zip (not sure "how" this is done, but I'm assuming it will be obvious).
6. In order to better manage memory, use Safestrap to apply speedscript (again, not sure "how" this is done, but I'm assuming it will be obvious).
7. Apparently may also have to install the universal init.d app from the play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.androguide.universal.init.d.

Is this correct? Have I missed anything?

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I am about to root my wife's D4 for the first time because I'm tired of her complaining about how slow and laggy it is after the JB update and I finally, after nearly two years, convinced her to allow me to root her phone.

I plan, after a lot of research, to flash this rom. I am coming from HTC, so I have a few questions.

Is this correct?

1. After battery is at 100%, use Droid Utility to root, using option 2 to keep data intact on stock ROM. Question - do I also want to use option 3 for the razr blade root?
2. Install Safestrap-RAZR (latest, 3.5).
3. Install Eclipse ROM. Question - does it matter which slot to use?
4. Reboot. Go back into Safestrap. (It doesn't say this anywhere, but I've always been told to reboot between flashing important things).
5. In order to overclock, use Safestrap to apply D4overclock1320lv.zip (not sure "how" this is done, but I'm assuming it will be obvious).
6. In order to better manage memory, use Safestrap to apply speedscript (again, not sure "how" this is done, but I'm assuming it will be obvious).
7. Apparently may also have to install the universal init.d app from the play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.androguide.universal.init.d.

Is this correct? Have I missed anything?

no
1. root with this https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_nizg6yUZ0NRjVTZlQ0d1hXVVU/edit?pli=1
2. install busybox
3. install safestrap
boot into ss
4. install rom in any slot
5. install oc 1320
6. install speedscript
boot into android
7. go into universal init.d and enable scripts
reboot
8. install setcpu or equivalent
9. oc... it will save power cuz all ocs i have are undervolted
10. enjoy

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I think I'm lost. I've tried with 2 phones now and cant seem to get the overclocking to work. I've tried a few of the different ones and nothing seems to work. I also installed the universal init.d from the play store and that doesn't seem to work. I'm usually pretty good at this but I'm stumped on this one. I even deleted my rom slot and started over fresh just in case that comes up.

follow the new guide i just posted

kwood129

Reaction score
follow the new guide i just posted

I've done everything you have listed except for your rooting method since I was already rooted. I've been using Eclipse since it was early ICS. I've tried on both of my phones and as mentioned earlier I deleted the rom slot on one of my phones and created a new slot just to make sure. It will not show any overclocking or any new governors. I'm stumped on this one.

DSM4rill

Reaction score
Universal init.d shuts my phone off... When restarted, I get a lot force closes.
I've settled for using 1.1 with the speed script only

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

DSM4rill

Reaction score
yeah did you dirty flash? the old scripts mess with the phone. 1.1 only comes with speedscript.

Nah, I started fresh...I always use the top 4 buttons in 'wipe options' on SS3.
The uni int.d app. says my kernel doesn't support the function.
I'm not hatin' though... 1.1 is my daily.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4