[ROM] Eclipse v2.3 (7/25/12)

rockscreation16

Reaction score
Is there any way to incorporate Google Now after flashing this ROM? I didn't see that as being an included functionality.

Also, My x2 is currently running 2.3.5 that automatically updated over the air. I'm already rooted. Will that be the starting point that I need without the first few steps?

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
google now will not work on gingerbread
roms
works on cm10, maybe cm9

rockscreation16

Reaction score
Love the theme! Best part for me is the integrated audio multi band EQ.

Is there support for group messaging built in?

MadeInDetroit

Reaction score
I've been using v2.3 now for about 3 months and I love it! Very nicely put together, thanks Nitro! Aside from that it seems as though it has slowed down substantially over the past month or so. Haven't installed too many additional apps (maybe 5-7 total) but getting a lot of FC's and several times I've tried wiping dalvik cache. REALLY not trying to re-flash the entire ROM again so I am considering using Titanium Backup Pro v5.8.0.1 and I'm seeking some advice on what is safe/unsafe to freeze or uninstall or if I should even be using TBP at all. Sorry for being so brief, not really sure what else to say. If you need more information in regards to my equipment/software I am happy to provide it. Thank you! :)

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
titanium backup pro is great
but eclipse does not have many apps that are safe to freeze/remove
you could wipe data and start over, =V6 SuperCharger= , Seeder app (I have not tried), remove widgets, and/or try a different launcher like Holo Launcher

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
From what I remember you could also try to just reflash the ROM wiping only cache and dalvik. Just use the BSR in settings - eclipse parts and flash right over.

Sent from my CM 10.1 XT926

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
yes, that or maybe try fixing permissions, in bsr/system recovery

edit: and make a nandroid backup in bsr, before making any changes

Last edited:

MadeInDetroit

Reaction score
Thanks a lot you guys. I am going to take everything into consideration and start with the most basic of fixes i.e. (fixing permissions, in bsr/system recovery OR reflash the ROM wiping only cache and dalvik OR Holo Launcher) whichever works best I suppose. I will report back after I do so and worst case senario I will try V6SC or use the Seeder App. Thanks again!!

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
I would start with fixing permissions, also could wipe cache/data of apps force closing

MadeInDetroit

Reaction score
working on fixing permissions now...i should keep better track of where the FC's are coming from but from what I've noticed it's mostly Eclipse Launcher so I'll try Holo after permissions. TY!!

convergence

Reaction score
This is my first attempt at ROMming. I spent the better part of yesterday following these instructions:
1. sbf to 234
2. Root using MotorolaOneclick
3. Install Voodoo OTA rootkeeper and protect root but temp unroot
4. Apply 235 update in stock recovery
5. Restore root in Voodoo rootkeeper and delete backup (make sure root is restored before deleting!)
6. Install bootstrap
7. Reboot into bootstrap recovery
8. Wipe data
9. Flash eclipse
10. Profit from its beauty
using scattered howto's (Thank you Moon Shadow) and forum posts. Where I got stuck was step 4. I could not get the OTA 2.3.5 update to install. I SBF'd back to 2.3.4 and did a factory reset twice, and I still couldn't get the OTA update to take. I tried applying the update via the "stock recovery" (took me quite a bit of googling to figure this one out), and that didn't take, then I tried doing it the way the verizon intended, OTA, that didn't take, and finally, I tried it with the "non-stock recovery", and that didn't take either. The error I was getting said something about not being able to verify current the current system, or something like that. So that makes me think that something was wrong with my 2.3.4 OS. Could something have been wrong with the SBF file? Fortunately, I backed up my original (Rooted) 2.3.5, so I'm back at square one.

So, I have two questions:
1: I'm now in my old 2.3.5 install that has been rooted for over a year, but I've installed a lot of crap on it. Since this has the correct kernel, can I just install install eclipse 2.3 without SBFing back to 2.3.4? (basically just follow steps 7-10) Am I in danger of bricking my phone?
2: What went wrong yesterday? Could there have been something wrong with my 2.3.4 file? Procedure? Could Verizon have found a way to prevent updating a rooted phone? I did very little other than provide minimal information to get access to my phone, (It forced me to make a phone call to automatically activate the phone, then I had to give the google store my credentials before I could install the rootkeeper)

Maybe this whole process would have been easier in linux, I wouldn't have had to install all the drivers and crap (some of which seems kinda shady... whenever I plug my phone into my computer, a browser window now opens up and tries to get me to d/l some motorolla manager tool) . I'm a linux user, but I found Moon Shadow's (very well written) Howto's first. God I hate Windows!

EDIT:
Just tried following steps 7-10, and it failed.
Also, I think that maybe my mistake was (1), using zergush instead of pete's root tool (Don't know what the difference is) (2), failing to temporarily unroot phone before OTA update.

Last edited: