[ROM] Eclipse v2.3 (7/25/12)

sorry for being so n00bish, i just dont want to mess up my phone.

before i put Eclipse on it should i wipe all my data, or will it be fine? also, i have GO Launcher EX on it, should i remove this?

Battery Issue

Hey, i could use some HELP!!

i flashed this 2 days ago, without any problems whatsoever. I was on a fresh copy of 2.3.4 SBF (rooted) - that build was working fine, my battery life was very good (for me anyway, like 18 to 20 hrs on average usage) i did have the typical battery usage problems others were reporting, where the battery would mysteriously gain about 10% on reboot, but i could live with that.

I flashed Eclipse, and was LOVING IT!! - However my battery is dropping like a stone. I have since done 2 complete battery calibrations, exactly like the directions call for.
i have gone into task monitor and killed anything that doesn't need to run - (put on auto kill list), i have frozen any bloat or anything else that is unnecessary.

when i flashed the rom, i did the data/cache wipe 3 times!! - it seems to run GREAT, and i am LOVING it, but i cannot live with the battery drain...

my battery is still dropping like a rock...i am getting 8 hrs doing absolutely nothing, i have it set to nighttime saver, and during 8 hours of sleep, i wake up to a nearly dead battery!!

View attachment 41271

I could use some help troubleshooting...Thanks in advance!!

Battery Issue

Hey, i could use some HELP!!

i flashed this 2 days ago, without any problems whatsoever. I was on a fresh copy of 2.3.4 SBF (rooted) - that build was working fine, my battery life was very good (for me anyway, like 18 to 20 hrs on average usage) i did have the typical battery usage problems others were reporting, where the battery would mysteriously gain about 10% on reboot, but i could live with that.

I flashed Eclipse, and was LOVING IT!! - However my battery is dropping like a stone. I have since done 2 complete battery calibrations, exactly like the directions call for.
i have gone into task monitor and killed anything that doesn't need to run - (put on auto kill list), i have frozen any bloat or anything else that is unnecessary.

when i flashed the rom, i did the data/cache wipe 3 times!! - it seems to run GREAT, and i am LOVING it, but i cannot live with the battery drain...

my battery is still dropping like a rock...i am getting 8 hrs doing absolutely nothing, i have it set to nighttime saver, and during 8 hours of sleep, i wake up to a nearly dead battery!!

View attachment 41271

I could use some help troubleshooting...Thanks in advance!!

Recharge the battery to 100% > reboot into recovery > Wipe Battery Stats

Recharge the battery to 100% > reboot into recovery > Wipe Battery Stats

Don't mean to be argumentative...

but isn't that exactly what a battery calibration does?? wipe the battery stats?
is there any reason to use this method over a calibration??
again, i don't know that's why i am asking -

my battery is dropping like 1% a minute

/UPDATE/ - 10-14-2011

Narrowing in on the battery issues, i think Light Flow was the culprit, i am still testing tho

i installed System Panel, wow that a good app, wish i would have used that long ago...that was helpful narrowing down EVERYTHING that is running, CPU, Memory, Battery, Network

sucks cause i really liked Light Flow, and it worked fine on 2.3.4 rooted stock...but for some reason it doesn't play well with Eclipse, and i like Eclipse better that Light Flow so now custom notifications for me anymore...(Blink FC's)

Last edited:
Hey what happens if I install thing without being rooted first? Because for some reason my phone can't be rooted on 2.3.4 and installing this would be a lot less trouble than returning the phone.

I'm digging this rom alot...I swear my battery life has nearly doubled ...its crazy!

Haven't run into any issues yet. Was a surprisingly seamless process. This was the first mod I applied to my out of the box x2 and I gotta say the x2 is excellent. Even on stock 2.3.4 which was released the day after I got the phone. The difference in speed and resolution compared ti the x is incredible. However battery life was poopy and the locked bootloader apparently doesn't approve if underclocking and undervolting. So that meant one thing. Time to root and ROM this piece. So I did

Using the v7 easy root kit. I had no problem rooting. Dropped into recovery with a signed version of the x2 recovery apk and things were looking swell. Did a quick reboot without changing anything thru x2 bootstrap to make sure it didn't hang. And then sure enough it did not. Went back into recovery and erased my data 4 or 5 times. And erases my cache 4 or 5 times. Then I reset mt battery stats. Wiped some dalvik cache and let eclipse do its thing. After install of 1.1 and patch. I decided to data wipe 3 more times. and same with cache. Booted straight into eclipse without the initial hang. And this alleviated the wifi issue people seem to be having. I see about a 2/4 or greater increase in my battery so far. Id say ill get 10 hours of high texting low service use

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

i've noticed a slight problem. there are black sections where there shouldn't be. for example, in GO SMS Pro under my last thread of messages, instead of the theme color, the screen is black. same with other apps as well.

I'm pretty sure the mod has a problem with the market. The second and so on pages don't load. As in if there are 700 results in a search it stops at the end of the page. No further loading results

Good rom. I had one major issue were it wouldn't get signal but I think that was my screw-up not this roms. I had to reinstall the thing but Ive got it.

Other than that it does everything you'd expect an advanced hack version of android to do. It nice and fast. Now yeah with the market, as mentioned above I don't know what the deal it. I noticed I couldn't find the best version of the lightsaber app and it didn't go down far enough in the market.

I also can't figure out how to correctly do a battery calibration. With these bugs it's still better than stock tho :p dear me stock had a lot of crap on to it. My battery will drop at like 1 a minute and it will get down to 56 and I restarted it and it was at 94. I don't understand.

Oh and one more thing there needs to be a button to access texts on that bottom bar where the internet and phone is

Good rom. I had one major issue were it wouldn't get signal but I think that was my screw-up not this roms. I had to reinstall the thing but Ive got it.

Other than that it does everything you'd expect an advanced hack version of android to do. It nice and fast. Now yeah with the market, as mentioned above I don't know what the deal it. I noticed I couldn't find the best version of the lightsaber app and it didn't go down far enough in the market.

I also can't figure out how to correctly do a battery calibration. With these bugs it's still better than stock tho :p dear me stock had a lot of crap on to it. My battery will drop at like 1 a minute and it will get down to 56 and I restarted it and it was at 94. I don't understand.

Oh and one more thing there needs to be a button to access texts on that bottom bar where the internet and phone is

I am literally on the exact same page minus the shenanigans with your initial install messing with your signal.

Try using launcher pro as apposed to the launcher that comes with the rom.. it has 5 docks on the bottom one of which is texts.. paid version has a ton of extra things u can do.. my personal launcher of choice.. when calibrating the battery r u calibrating when phone is fully charged.. hit calibrate.. then drain it to zero.. recharge to 100 percent then u should be good

Alright, so I'm getting into playing with my x2, and my last phone was just a droid, so I would just like to ask a few questions.

From what I understand the kernel is flashed with the rom, not separately like on the droid. That being said, I have only rooted my phone and installed the x2 bootstrapper, so I am running stock 2.3.4 and stock kernel. This means that when I flash this rom, it will replace the rom and the kernel (if needed), correct? Problems people are experiencing with incorrect kernels and such are because they were running different roms/kernels and flashing this combination just didn't match up with what was on there before? If I'm completely off here, please tell me. Trying to learn all of this from a knowledge base that is farther ahead is a bit difficult. If you know of any guides that outline this for people just starting to mess with it, that'd be appreciated too.

After all of that, once I have 1.0 installed, do I just flash the 1.1 patch over it?

Back