Erratic battery reporting after 2.3.4 update

nateohio

Reaction score
I flashed the newest update (2.3.4) this last weekend and although its been great with battery life, I cant seem to get the actual reporting to settle in.

When I take it off the charger its reporting 100%, and throughout
the day it obviously drains the battery. The problem is when I reboot the phone, it starts back up reporting 10-20% higher battery life then when I shut it down. So in reality, I have more battery life left then whats being reported.

I charged to 100% and wiped battery stats using bootstrap. Then drained the battery all the way, and charged all the way back to a full charge.

Can you guys think of anything else that may fix this issue?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

RobKort

Atrix Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Run it through a cycle of drain and full charge for at least three or four times.

Trip3601211

Reaction score
I'm going to have to try that cycle thing. My battery has been looking like there is more juice up in the right top corner but when I check in the settings it says a certain percent and it doesnt match up with the color and full(ness) in the top right. Confused both me and my girl. But I do have to say, after flashing the latest SBF last night to 2.3.4 I went to sleep and let my phone sit all night...(roughly 8 hrs.) and it only dropped 10%!!! Thats insane good. Hopefully the battery stays good on this build. Having this 1800mah helps quite a bit too. So far, I'm happy with it.

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I have a battery widget that I use because the battery meter at the top isn't quite accurate. The widgets give you a much more accurate idea of where the battery is at (but they as well as the settings seem to only report in 10% increments).

MY wife has a D3 and was quite confused when the batter would show 50% and suddenly drop to the red sliver. I had her use a widget too and that helped her.

Trip3601211

Reaction score
Yes Ive uses a couple battery widgets as well I think circle battery widget actually tells you the percentage even down to 1% check it out if you want. I used it on either my DX1 or my lasr DX2 replacement...havent really messed with too many as of lately but if this is an ongoing issue then most likely Ill go back to the circle battery widget. Let me know how you like it if you do check it out as Im sure others would like to know as well.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I downloaded beautiful widgets, and it comes with a battery widget and skins. I have a circle type skin on mine that I like. I will look at the circle widget and see if it has better resolution.

My guess is the beautiful widget just reports what you see by going to settings>about phone>status where it shows the battery %. all I ever see is 10% increments.