Expected useful life span for Razr Maxx

greenter

Reaction score
I've had my Droid Razr Maxx for two years. Just switched to iPhone 5c which I hate. I am thinking about just going back to the droid but I am wondering what the life expectancy would be. I know that I can have the battery replaced if needed, but I am also wondering about support and updates. My carrier is Verizon. Thanks!

Daballa

Reaction score
Had mine for 2 years also. Don't want to upgrade and lose unlimited data just yet. I don't believe the razr or razr maxx are scheduled for any more updates to my knowledge. My battery is still better than most phones after two years.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
The question you asked has no real answer. The history of some of my customers who use iPhones hasn't been all that great do I had better not mention it but if you treat the phone, any phone, well, it can last from 1 day to 10 years. Stuff fails, sometimes randomly.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I have 2 razr Maxx's that were bought on the first day they were available... Used every day... Still kicking... Still like brand new..But as stated above.. Some things fail. Thus is the life of electronic equipment..

The battery of the Maxx is able to be replaced by Motorola.. As I recall it costs about 70$..

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
My battery has been experiencing a short life the last 2 months. I got my phone in May of 2012. I'm sure YMMV. I do plan on upgrading when the Note 4 comes out. With all the things I've discovered that I can do on an Android, I think my MAXX is definitely holding me back. It just doesn't have enough power (CPU/GPU/RAM).

Reaction score
I have had my Razr MAXX since day one with zero issues. I get a full 24 hours with moderate use. The big thing was disabling all the battery hog preinstalled apps like facebook, VZ Navigator, smart actions and NFL mobile. Then you just need to not install any hogs either. I would also recommend recalibrating your battery about every 3 months.

OldMan1955

Reaction score
I have had my Razr MAXX since day one with zero issues. I get a full 24 hours with moderate use. The big thing was disabling all the battery hog preinstalled apps like facebook, VZ Navigator, smart actions and NFL mobile. Then you just need to not install any hogs either. I would also recommend recalibrating your battery about every 3 months.
How do you disable those apps besides having to root your phone?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
How do you disable those apps besides having to root your phone?

Though I think a couple of those apps may have been installed and as such could have been uninstalled if you to the app manager and scroll to all - tap the app. If the upper right corner says uninstall updates, do that, (first), otherwise those that can be disabled should display a disable button.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
And if you disable the app.. Remember to unselect the "show updates" box.. Or you'll constantly see that the app has updates when you're in the play store..