Extended batt advice

vireya

Reaction score
PLEASE, when you discuss an 'extended battery' please note the size

I asked Verizon for an extended batt, but when I got it, it was not the ext batt I was looking for, the 3200 or the 3800; it was much smaller

Thus, it is confusing, at least to me, which batt you are referring to when you state 'extended batt'

I am not interested in reading about a 1800, 2600 etc extended batt. for the ones in the thirties are the real extended ones

TIA

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
PLEASE, when you discuss an 'extended battery' please note the size

I asked Verizon for an extended batt, but when I got it, it was not the ext batt I was looking for, the 3200 or the 3800; it was much smaller

Thus, it is confusing, at least to me, which batt you are referring to when you state 'extended batt'

I am not interested in reading about a 1800, 2600 etc extended batt. for the ones in the thirties are the real extended ones

TIA

The only extended battery Verizon sells is the OEM 2100mAh extended battery, so I'm not sure why you expected anything different. The only official, OEM extended battery is the 2100mAh, so it is "the real extended one." When most users here refer to "the extended battery," they are referring to the OEM 2100mAh battery since that is the official, OEM battery. Any extended battery of any other size is made by a third party company (and in most cases they exaggerate the mAh). Generally, if a user is referring to a different battery, they will state either the company name or the mAh of the battery. So if you see a reference to "the extended battery," 97 out of 100 times it's the OEM 2100mAh battery.

If you're interested in the larger, third party extended batteries, just look here in the Accessories forum. There are several threads on various third party extended batteries.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Anything bigger than the stock battery would fall under the category of "extended battery" wouldn't it? It does to me at least...

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
The official extended battery is the 2100 that Verizon sells.

Assume that we are talking about that one. Any other is a third party battery.