Facebook for Android is Getting an Update with Some Bug Fixes

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Facebook-for-Android.jpg

Facebook shared that they will be updating their Android app soon to version 3.6. The update is designed to fix a few small bugs rather than add any new features. Here's a breakdown of what is being fixed:
  • Fixed a crash when deleting a photo from a comment
  • Fixed music controller notifications from disappearing
  • Various other crash and bug fixes
At first the update will roll out to beta testers, but it should go OTA for everyone else a week or two after that.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
There are a few issues I've run into with the Facebook app that they really need to address. The first most blatant issue with the Facebook app is that it runs services ALL THE TIME in the background and uses up about 50MB of resources... again ALL THE TIME!. No other app uses that many resources; even Google services and Google Plus don't require that many resources. I uninstalled the FB app from my ASUS TF700 and the performance improved. Seriously, Mr. Zuckerberg?

Second issue I've had with the facebook app is the refresh feature doesn't always work. At my job the other day I checked my news feed and after saying it had fully refreshed the most recent post was from 12 hours prior... wait.. what? I went under app settings and cleared the cache; forced closed FB and restarted. Still not showing anything more recent that 12 hours ago. I opened the browser on the phone, went to my FB account and what do you know there were tons of newer posts that wouldn't show up under the FB app. LAME LAME LAME! :furious:

I might as well uninstall the app, save 50MB of resources and just load FB in the browser. The app is worthless.

paulhusker

Reaction score
I agree w/ xsylus on the f-book frustrations. None of my apps run as slow as it. One of my biggest frustrations is how it always reverts back to "Top Stories" when I select "Most Recent" the last time I opened the App and browsed the News Feed.

According to Google Play, some update came across 8/31. When I checked the About section, it still showed 3.5. The minor update they released made it worse. Pics load slower now. They also took away the blue tab at the bottom for Birthdays under Events. Every update makes this app worse and slower.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'll jump on this bandwagon too...when they accidentally put out an update that seemingly works, they release an update the next day that kills it...

If I were the owner of a social media company.. i'd want to make dang sure that my services ran efficiently...ya know?....sorta like my company depended on it???:banghead: