Factory reset?

CMDRSTP

Reaction score
Hello, all.

Ok, I did three successive factory resets. Now, I will be ready to download ICS update after I fully charge.

Do I do another factory reset after I download ICS?

Thank you.

OP
CMDRSTP

CMDRSTP

Reaction score
:) Well, I was advised to to do 2-3 resets "to make sure" of a having "clean slate" before the ICS update.

Just I couldn't remember if it was advised to do one after the ICS update.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
you could do one . IMO it wont be needed. and you dont need to do more than 1 . it does you no good to do more than that

OP
CMDRSTP

CMDRSTP

Reaction score
Thank you, both!

Just curious....

If I was to do one (factory data reset) after the update.........why wouldn't it revert back to "Gingerbread?" Isn't that what the factory reset was established with? Why would it reset with the new ICS?

Last edited:

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ICS replaces existing OS . it more or less your new factory image

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
you could do one . IMO it wont be needed. and you dont need to do more than 1 . it does you no good to do more than that

Actually, we've been finding that doing two FDR's back to back ensures a clean wipe and install, its been used by several people to improve battery life, the data limit glitch, and the quick contacts pull down glitch :blink:

It sounds like it wouldn't be necessary, but doing back to back FDR's settled my devices down. They were having battery and heat issues after doing single FDR's.

Ymmv

Last edited:
OP
CMDRSTP

CMDRSTP

Reaction score
Actually, we've been finding that doing two FDR's back to back ensures a clean wipe and install, its been used by several people to improve battery life, the data limit glitch, and the quick contacts pull down glitch :blink:

It sounds like it wouldn't be necessary, but doing back to back FDR's settled my devices down. They were having battery and heat issues after doing single FDR's.

Ymmv

Do one after the update as well?

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do one after the update as well?

IMO opinion you are starting with a clean slate no apps anything you should be ok , if you notice it getting glitchy then you can do FDR . but its your decision. IT never hurts to do one though

OP
CMDRSTP

CMDRSTP

Reaction score
Thank you, all!

Sorry for the all the dumb questions but, I am not the most tech savy and this is my first smartphone. I really enjoy the Droid Razr Maxx with GB. I hope I am equally pleased with ICS.

I do appreciate everyone's patience and time to answer.

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Wait until after the install of ics if you dont already have it. Then do two in a row.. back to back
I did an fdr right before ics, and I still had issues.
Long story short, we're finding that doing two, one after the other is helping but ymmv :)

OP
CMDRSTP

CMDRSTP

Reaction score
I haven't yet. Charging to 100% before I do.

Typically, how long does the update take? I usually get a good 3G signal where I live.