Farewell Moto X (1st gen)?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Moto-x-copy.jpg

I'm not even exaggerating a tiny bit when I tell you: I have been checking the Motomaker website every SINGLE day since the Moto X Gen 2 was announced. I was hoping for some type of price drop on the 1st gen MotoX because frankly, the Gen 2 is just too big for my taste. I think the first Moto X is the perfect size for a phone.

So if any price drop came along, I was going to jump on that first Moto X. Apparently, I shouldn't have waited. Today when I checked the Motomaker website, what do I see???
The BUILD YOURS Button is gone!!

The following new text has been added:
(Pssst...we just announced the all new Moto X, which we hope you will love even more. Click here for details)

Say it ain't so, Moto...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I was really considering getting one of those. I wonder if we can expect a sale from Amazon or Best Buy?

I agree...looks like it's been removed from the Moto Maker list. The Moto X (1st Gen) is not even listed on Verizon's website either as an option. Bummer...for those that want / wanted a custom built 1st Gen phone. I figured they would keep it going a little longer...but guess not. Looks like the deals on places like Swapp or the Dev Edition @ Motorola might be the only options. Still nice phones...but there was something cool about opening that box with a custom designed, custom colored phone. I'm glad I bought my wife one when I did. Hope you can find one that you like @PereDroid.

I'm looking forward to the new (rumored) Turbo. If that doesn't tickle my fancy I'll get that Dev Edition IF it's still available.

I'm still looking around for a good priced one. Seen a couple $150-$175 used ones, but either seller doesn't respond or the damage they claim as "minor" clearly aren't minor.

Motorola doesn't want to invest their time into the first gen :(

Back