Find my phone etc etc

Abby Normal

Reaction score
I see lots of apps out there for this feature.

Any recommendations for one or just not worth having?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Well the big drawback to apps like this for a device on vzw is this. Just like it's family locator which is supposed to work on the devices actual GPS...they don't.. they bounce and triangulate..when this first came out I thought my son was doing some serious lying...so I used my better judgment tracked his phone while he was in the vehicle with me..same results..he wasn't lying..so i quickly sent them all sorts of nasty correspondence and let em know that their junk was causing people problems..got a letter...it said basically... we're sorry and will work to fix this.they haven't..it's been that way for years..even the security locator on the devices for Verizon ..still triangulates and won't tell you the specific spot...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Android Device Manager works pretty good, I have used it several times to find a lost phone, and once to remote factory wipe a stolen phone.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I've found with ADM if the GPS is on, it's as close as technically possible. If GPS is off it's using cell towers and will be a general area.
It's possible the GPS was turned off, which to knowledge can be done by any kid these days to thwart the parents tracking.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
Abby Normal

Abby Normal

Reaction score
Thanks guys, looks Pretty obvious as to which I need

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks guys, looks Pretty obvious as to which I need
If you do decide to install ADM, one benefit is that you can log into it from any computer, phone, or tablet and find your phone on map, lock it, make it play a loud tone or factory reset it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Not that you need another vote for Android Device Manager, but I load it on all of my phones and tablets. And @sajokaz is right. You can just do a Google search from your PC and ask it "Where's my phone" and it will show you. Pretty slick.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Not that you need another vote for Android Device Manager, but I load it on all of my phones and tablets. And @sajokaz is right. You can just do a Google search from your PC and ask it "Where's my phone" and it will show you. Pretty slick.
Load it? I haven't ever installed an app to find my phone's.

Just login to the website.

Reactions: cr6

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Well why's there an app then? Can you see your other devices in the browser on your phone?
Yes.

b52458b9b303cc20f2d6aa3e14560339.jpg