Foxfi and update.

Yes, how? I was forced as well to use a pin after the update and I'm not a big fan since it screws up my custom lock screen.... was curious if anyone has gotten around this yet?

Yes please tell us how you fixed it. I am desperate! I ued to just have to use a pin or pattern to lock the screen, then go in and clear credentials after I was done. But now with this new twist I am at a loss. thanks for the help!

Sorry it took so long, busy with work, you need to set up the lock screen to "no lock screen at all set to "NONE" " then you can set up a lock screen pin or pattern with the Foxfi credentials "credentials need to be set up or Foxfi will not work, that is their workaround to Verizon's lock down of WiFi tethering for the people who are not signed up to their share your $ with Verizon plan" , if you have the lock screen set to swipe or any other pin or pattern , it will not let you set up a pin or pattern to activate Foxfi.

Sorry it took so long, busy with work, you need to set up the lock screen to "no lock screen at all set to "NONE" " then you can set up a lock screen pin or pattern with the Foxfi credentials "credentials need to be set up or Foxfi will not work, that is their workaround to Verizon's lock down of WiFi tethering for the people who are not signed up to their share your $ with Verizon plan" , if you have the lock screen set to swipe or any other pin or pattern , it will not let you set up a pin or pattern to activate Foxfi.

So when I went through to set it up after the update a week or so ago, it forced me to put on my lock screen, now when I go to turn the lock screen off most of the options are ghosted out, I can only select "Pattern", "Pin", or "Password" the option to select "None", "Swipe", "Face Unlock" and "Face and voice" are all ghosted. Any ideas? I am afraid to clear credentials because I am not sure how to get them back. I purchased the upgrade for foxfi a year or more ago.

Clear the credentials, and do what I said, you should be good to go.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Yes fox-fi does work, even when I cleared credentials when I went back into foxFi to launch it, it asked me to go through the same process. Set up a pin or password for the phone. So it doesn't seem that I can set up a pin or password JUST for foxfi I have to set it up for my whole phone and that is what I was trying to avoid. I didn't want a pin... I'm not a fan of locking down my phone.
Thanks though!

That is the only way for now to have wifi tethering work on a non rooted phone. I myself use a lock pattern, no big deal.

That is the only way for now to have wifi tethering work on a non rooted phone. I myself use a lock pattern, no big deal.

Just saw this on the FoxFi page in the Google Play store, has anybody tried this approach?

Some Jelly Bean phones has locked-down the WiFi hotspot feature, because of that FoxFi will ask you to install a user certificate on those phones. The side effect is that Android system will require you to set a screen lock (and only allows Pattern, PIN or Password) when any security settings is changed. There is indeed a way to remove the lock screen while keeping the certificate: set a pattern lock and try to unlock the phone with a "bad pattern" for 5-10 times, it will show you an error message, now select "Forgot Pattern?" and enter your gmail/password. After these steps the screen lock will be removed without removing the certificate.

I just got my LG G2. I am trying to set up FoxFi. When I hit activate, I get a "Fail to activate hotspot: Fail to start WiFi mode, please try again." message. Any suggestions?

Well I had a bit of a scary experience this morning. I went to turn on FoxFi and it activated at first, but as soon as my tablet connected to the hot spot, my phone gave me an error message and shut FoxFi down saying I needed to use Verizon service or contact my provider. At least I think that is what it said, I skipped past it quickly. Well, I was able to restart the FoxFi app, and it is working again, but that kind of freaked me out.
Has anyone else seen a warning like this?

Jan8et, I don't know anything about the G2, but I suspect you will get more help from a G2 forum rather than a GalaxyS3 forum. Good Luck.

Just got a update to Foxfi on my Note2. Works fine now with no work arounds needed.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
NoteToo

Just got a update to Foxfi on my Note2. Works fine now with no work arounds needed.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
NoteToo
just installed the update from the Play store, but it still prompts me to install the certificate and turn on the lock screen on my S3 :sad:

Working fine.

Correct, foxfi won't work with 4.3 update. I was very depressed.

I have the 4.3 update and Foxfi works great. You have to do a couple of things like change the security to a pattern or pin, then afterwards, when you're done, clear credentials.

I want to know when the 4.4 Kitkat update hits my Galaxy s3 will Foxfi stop working? I have an email into Foxfi and PDAnet to find out and see if there is a solution.

Back